‘Goodbye and Thank You, California’ – From Pavel

Pavel Navrátil, my Czech daughter-in-law’s younger brother who stayed with Bruce and me for five weeks, returned to his home in the Czech Republic one month ago.

While he was here he created his first slide show of his California trip.

He taught us how to make Beer Chicken.

And he was so patient with our pitiful grasp of the Czech language.

Pavel even made a list of Czech words that are similar in English, such as robot (Czechs get all the credit for it), drama, culture, museum, disco, opera, orchestra, humor, lemonade, mechanic, tennis, serial, program, piano, Pacific, ocean, normal, traditional, alarm, applause, fantastic, guitar, galley, relax, nose, doctor, cigarette, microphone, television, telephone, detective, map, architect, ballet, balcony, horror, comedy, radio, lamp, team, atmosphere, and others.

If you ever find yourself in the Czech Republic, you’ll be very glad to know these words, almost as glad as we are to know Pavel.

In the meantime, Pavel says “Dekuji” to all of us in California: “Thank you.”

Doni Chamberlain

1. Avatar Rachael C. says:

That was wonderful. I watched both slideshows. You were obviously a superb hostess and his slidshow is evidence of all he got to see that encapsulates the glory of Northern California!

2. Avatar Steve Brewer says:

Great job! We miss you, Pavel!

3. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Pavel…You'll have to come back again soon. Now you've seen God's country and were shown around by one of the area's best tour guides, Mrs. Doni Greenberg who grew up here in this wonderous area.

It's always amazing to watch someone whose never been to this area discover all the beauty that's contained here.

We are truly blessed as I'm sure you discovered.

My best to you!

——–> Budd

4. Avatar Josh says:

Great slideshow. I think Pavel saw and did more than most people that live here.

5. Avatar Alan Ernesto Phillip says:

Hello Pavel,

What a cool slide show, my little brother! You brightened the lives of all you touched on your visit. Thank you for your kindness, friendship and hard work! I will send you a DVD copy of the Kids' Unlimited show you helped videotape when it gets done – probably around Christmas time, I am told.

I am wishing you and your dear ones every success,

Alan

Zdravím vás, Pavel, m?j brat?í?ek!
    D?kuji vám za vaše p?átelství, laskavosti a tvrdá práce. Jste dobrý ?lov?k a t?ším se na setkání s Vámi zase n?kdy …

Alan

• Avatar Pavel Navráti says:

Thanks Alen my good friend. I look forward to your – our DVD. I hope that i did good job with videocamera for you. The DVD will be a perfect Christmas gift.

I hope that I will able to help you with make some next video sometimes in future.

Pavel

6. Avatar Pavel Navráti says:

Thank You everyone. I glad that I could met with you. I miss you everybody and California. I think on CA everyday…They were great expireince and I had good time so much…One more thank You!

• Doni Greenberg Doni Greenberg says:

Pavel, you're welcome and a very happy birthday to you today!

We miss you and hope all is well with you. And we thank you for sharing yourself with all of us.

7. Avatar Alan Ernesto Phillip says:

Stastny den narozeni, Pavel!

Muzete byt na svou posadku kazdy den!
    Alan

Happy Birthday, Pavel!
    You can be on my crew any day!
    Best wishes to you and your dear ones,
    Alan