For the third year, the Shasta Library Foundation is partnering with locally-owned hamburger businesses to buy books for the Shasta Public Libraries in Redding, Anderson and Burney.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday (August 27), a portion of the proceeds from the sale of hamburgers at the following local merchants will go to the Shasta Library Foundation’s Book Fund:
- Bartels Giant Burger — 75 Lake Boulevard, Redding and 2311 North Street, Anderson
- Bonney’s Burgers — 17415 Palm Avenue, Happy Valley (Anderson)
- Dairy Queen — 1700 Churn Creek Road, Redding
- Damburger — 1320 Placer Street, Redding
- Gene’s Drive-In — 2515 South Market Street, Redding
- Giff’s Steakburger — 2827 Bechelli Lane, Redding
- McDonald’s of Burney — 37443 Enterprise Drive, Burney
- McDonald’s of Redding — 801 East Cypress Avenue; 88 Lake Boulevard; 1365 Churn Creek Road; 1515 Dana Drive (inside Wal-Mart)
-from press release
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.