Sunday Funny: Meet the Candidates!

meet-the-candidates

Never trust a cartoonist. Read what candidates in the 2010 primary election* have to say for themselves: Click these links for statements from Shasta County District Attorney candidates Steve Carlton and Jerry Benito, and Shasta County Clerk candidates Russell Hunt and Cathy Darling. You’ll find those and more statements from candidates in the “Village Voices” section of A News Cafe — no clownin’ around.

*Shoes need not be removed before entering voting booths June 8.

phil-fountain-laughingPhil Fountain is a cartoonist, writer and occasional bed-wetter based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

Phil Fountain is a cartoonist and writer based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

1. Avatar Dorothy Nethery says:

Phil, Your brain needs to be studied. You are one of the most refreshing people in Redding. I have followed you for many years and you never cease to make me laugh out loud. I hope you never stop speaking the truth, through your cartoons!

2. Avatar Sara says:

Phil, thanks for making my day!

3. Avatar Freddy's nightm says:

YES! and it just proves that the obvious(truth) is often funier than any fiction.

Thanks Phil 🙂

4. Avatar Russell K. Hunt says:

That's not fair. I'm shorter than Yoda ! I request equal height. I'll report you to the Federal Cartoon Bureau. And to address the corruption issue, you merely have to look at the public records, the incumbent ignored. And yes, jobs. The County Clerk is a part time job. To earn my keep, of $90,000 a year, I will promote job growth in our area.. I am disappointed you didn't draw Kathy Darling, she could be drawn as Princess Lazy, daughter of Darth Truth Evader. LOL Thanks for the free advertisement.

5. Avatar Pat j. says:

A part time job??? I worked in the County Clerks office many many years ago, and the County Clerk had many other responsibilities besides the Election Department. Has this changed?

6. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Phil…This is a funny one…love it. Hey. I know, Hunt and Benito could work together and create a county cartoon bureau. We could use more humor in government and this is their big chance to really do something other than grouse and bitch. yeah, that's the ticket!

7. Avatar Russell K. Hunt says:

Except Buddy I would be the first person to kick Benito down to Hell, if it was my choice. Don't ever associate me that liar.

• Avatar Matt says:

Well, that's a fine thing for a local candidate for public office to say. Way to stay classy Russell!

• Avatar JH says:

This is why you won't win this election Russell, or any other election you are running in. You are about as qualified as a clown! Back to the circus for you!

8. Avatar Nate says:

Russell is correct about Benito, though – he IS A LIAR.