Sunday Funny: Mayor Patrick Henry Jones Crosses the Sactopotomac

sunday-funny-potomac

phil-fountain-laughingPhil Fountain is a cartoonist, writer and occasional bed-wetter based in the far reaches of Northern Californey. This week, he was inspired to dig out his crayons at the sight of Redding Mayor Patrick Jones — arriving by boat and wearing George Washington’s clothes — at Thursday’s Redding Tea Party Patriots demonstration.

Phil Fountain is a cartoonist and writer based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

1. Avatar Natalie says:

You very phunny phellow, Philbert!

2. Avatar Donna says:

Cartoon is right on. Too bad Patrick Henry Jones is NOT!

3. Avatar Ann Webber says:

Why could this not have been the Titanic story?

4. Avatar Claudia says:

LOL, Enjoyed your show at Pecha Kucha on Friday evening!

5. Avatar Gary Tull says:

The Gopher is cute.. Wonder if he does 'Still Waters Run Deep'.?

6. Avatar Russell K. Hunt says:

Aaah another victim of public education.. It should be the Sactodelaware River. George lived on the Potomac and crossed it hundreds of times . That was uneventful. But you didn't do your research. The Redding Peace Offiicers Association and IBEW, two of the largest unions in town ,were Jones'' primary campaign contributors. He feeds at the union trough like many politicans.

• Avatar Philbert says:

No, Russ, baby… it should have been the Delapamento. But the reader has to make the connection easily, basic Cartooning 101… heaven knows the drawings don't help. Do they?

Glad to see your comment here, though… redding.com blocked my IP address too. But we will be here long after they're gone, buddy. It'll be me and you, some twinkies and the cockroaches, but we'll still be here. You betcha!!

• Avatar Gary Tull says:

'Everywhere There's Lots of Piggies Living Piggie Lives

You Can See Them Out To Dinner With their Piggie Wives

Clutching Forks And Knives To Eat Their Bacon'

George Harrison

• Avatar Philbert says:

A White Album reference! Somehow, I'm willing to bet PJ's favorite track is "Happiness Is A Warm Gun."

Yes it is.

7. Avatar Dolores says:

I just don't know how you think all of these things up!! Genius, pure genius!

8. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Phil…This another historic "Philbert" toon. Ha,ha, I loved it! This Pat Henry Jones is a laugher as the appointed Mayor of the city of Redding.

His boat is gonna' sink in the riffle before he's through. Maybe he'll take these other Teapartiers wayyyy down river with him. Ha!

Don't try to buy a fire arm from this patriot if you have a marijuana script. He'll try to get you arrested.

• Avatar Philbert says:

I got confused, thought his gun shop was a Med MJ storefront. One of the bongs I tried to buy nearly blew my mind… literally.

Now, somebody out there is gonna think I smoke dope. I don't need that kind of press. Besides, just look at my cartoons! Could a person on drugs draw those cartoons?

Wait…

9. Avatar Guenn Johnsen-Gentry says:

LOVE it! TY!!!

10. Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

BRAVO my friend Bravo!

11. Avatar david kerr says:

Republicans, libertarians and moderates are winning the humor war. Try Victoria Jones' "There's a communist in the White House."

Dynamic personalities and genuine humor like Barbara Boxer, Joe Bidden and Jerry Brown will win big in CA this November.

12. Avatar Russell K. Hunt says:

Irony in your comment Philbert. The RS banned me from blogging on their web site, a candidate for public office. Yet, they call and want me to reply to their questions upon demand. So I pull a Nixon and erase the message by "accident" of course. Who put teenagers in charge over there ?

• CJ CJ says:

Irony indeed.
      The definition of Blogger – a person who keeps and updates a weblog.
      The definition of Commenter – one who makes or writes comments….on other people's work.

Hope this helps.