Faccia Bella – (Beautiful Face) – The ‘Glow’ Factor

(Readers, please join me in welcoming  Stephanie Stika, anewscafe.com’s newest beauty columnist. She owns Faccia Bella Beauty Room in Redding. – Doni )

When asked what they would like to focus on during a facial, almost all of my clients mention wanting to have “that glow” –  that healthy, sexy, radiant afterglow glow.

I always tell them that a facial is a great way to get rid of dead skin and give the skin a bright, healthy and rested look; but to keep it looking that way they also need to take care of their skin at home.

How you take care of your skin on a daily basis is just as important as your monthly facial services.

Keep it simple to start; cleanse, moisturize and use sunscreen every day.

I also have some recipes you can use to give your skin that glow right now,  using items you probably already have in your kitchen. Enjoy, and have fun!

First, let’s exfoliate some dead skin cells.

Avocado Pit and Banana Facial Scrub

1 ripe avocado
Half a banana
1 tablespoon olive oil

Peel and pit the avocado. Set aside the meat of the avocado to be used in the mask below.

Grind the avocado pit (I smash it with a hammer and then use a food processer). In a bowl mix the ground avocado pit with the  banana and one tablespoon of olive oil.

Apply to skin with fingertips and gently work the mixture over the face. When finished scrubbing, rinse with warm water. Lightly pat with a dry hand towel.

Now that the skin is smooth, we are going to give it some hydration, which will make the skin look plump and dewy.

Avocado Honey Mask

1 avocado (from the pit you used, above)
1 teaspoon honey

Mash the reserved avocado in a bowl with a fork until it’s smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Make sure the honey is smooth and easy to stir. Stir the honey with the mashed avocado until it’s well blended.

Turn on the faucet and run warm water over your hands. Bring your damp hands to your face, and lightly dampen your face with the water.

Make sure your face is not saturated with the water. Scoop out the avocado facial mixture with your hands. With circular motions, rub the avocado-honey mixture onto your face, forehead, chin and neck. Avoid delicate areas like the eyes and lips. Make sure to use the
entire mixture on your face.

Leave the mask on for 10 minutes until it dries.

Rinse your face with warm water, and lightly pat with a dry hand towel.

Voila!

Stephanie Stika is an experienced esthetician, nail tech, and makeup artist with over 15 years experience in the field of beauty. She is the owner of Faccia Bella Beauty Room in Redding where she does customized facials, face and body waxing, pedicures, body treatments and makeup artistry.

She lives in Redding with her husband and two young daughters. When not beautifying others, she enjoys British television and trivia games.

Faccia Bella is located at 3609 Bechelli Lane, Ste. D, Redding, CA, 96002. Stephanie Stika may be reached by phone at 530.510.3924, email at faccia_bella@charter.net or via Facebook.

Doni Chamberlain

1. Avatar Canda says:

Stephanie, Welcome to anewscafe. I like your recipes, and will definitely give them a try. What a great way to know exactly what ingredients you're putting on your skin. Looking forward to your columns and beauty tips!

2. Avatar Shirley Porras says:

Home recipes from Stephanie! I will try them!

It just so happens that Stephanie gave me my very first facial treatment last week. She had advertised a Wine Peel special. Having never had one I decided this special price of $35 was a good opportunity to see what the hype about facial peels was all about.

It was a wonderful experience! Stephanie provides a comfortable, clean and relaxing environment. Prior to beginning the process she explained to me that I would experience some peeling in a few day and told me what to do to provide proper care for my skin. She was interested in what my routine is or isn't with my skin and shared the process she was using on my skin during each step. She was personable and professional.

I have looked at her site online and see several specials that Stephanie offers. Go check her out! I left her salon and went to Orchard Nutrition. There was a woman there shopping near me and she said, "I have to tell you, you have really nice skin. What do you use on it?" Sold me!

Thanks Stephanie!

• Avatar Steph_Stika says:

Shirley! I am blushing! Thank you so much for the kudos, it does my soul good!:) I am so happy you like the article!

3. Avatar Amanda says:

Stephanie is the best! I have gotten amazing facials from her.

I highly recommend! Two thumbs up!

Nice article:)

4. Avatar Roberta says:

I agree with the others, Stephanie is wonderful at facials! I treated myself a few months back and I look forward to having another soon.

5. Avatar Lisa Lee says:

Super excited for you Stephanie, congratulations on the new column! I 'pinned' your recipes and look forward to trying them.

6. Stephanie! How exciting! I miss living in Redding and receiving your services. My skin always looked great when you took care of me. (-; Congratulations and maybe I'll get the opportunity to see you again sometime…

7. Avatar Bobbie Jean says:

*+*Great article*+*

8. Avatar Phyllis says:

I have been to Stephanie's place a couple of times for her wonderful specials. First time was for a pedicure ~ I decided then that she has the hands of an angel ~ and would definitely go back again.

The 2nd trip was for the wine facial ~ my skin looked positively glowing when all was said and done.

If you want a wonderful relaxing experience ~ try any of her services ~ don't hesitate, she is an awesome lady.

Thanks Stephanie :-))

9. Steph! Great to see you writing on a News Cafe! You go, girl!

10. Avatar Aleta says:

Congratulations, Stephanie! … And for your readers: I have had facials for years, all over the world, and Stephanie's was one of the best. She goes the extra mile with neck, foot, and hand massages during her facials, making it a totally pleasurable experience. My skin felt like satin afterward and I practically oozed out of the salon into my car, I was so relaxed. Stephanie has my endorsement … !!!

11. Avatar Joel says: