Obituary: James Alan Henley
Nov. 12 Memorial With Honors in Redding

James Alan Henley, born Aug. 13, 1968, passed away in Maui, Hawaii, on Oct. 29 after a short illness. He was with his family.

He is survived by parents Judith Mow-Smale and Robert Henley; brothers Bruce Johnson and Rob Henley; and son Kyle J. Henley.

In June 1986 Henley graduated from Pickford High School in Pickford, Mich. He served in the United States Navy from 1987 until 1998. He then joined the United States Air Force and served there until the end of his life, first earning the rank of E-9 Chief Master Sgt.  He received his Bachelors Degree in Health Care Management from Ashford University on June 29, 2011.

Henley worked for the Waukegan Fire Department in Waukegan, Ill., as a firefighter/paramedic from 1998 until 2000. He also worked for Mercy Ground/ Air Ambulance from 2000 until its sale to PHI, which is where he last worked as a flight medic, teaching numerous pre-hospital courses to community and health-care workers at the Enterprise Training Center.

A memorial with honors will be held for James Alan Henley at 11 a.m on Nov. 12 at the PHI Hanger, 5900 Old Oregon Trail in Redding, which will be immediately followed by a reception.

For more information contact henleymemorial@gmail.com.

To learn more about the James Alan Henley memorial click here: James Henley memorial invitation details

...

1. Avatar Rebecca Lowrey says:

Jim,

You will be terribly missed. You were such a genuine person, who loved and cared for everyone no matter what. You have set the standards for what a person, a friend and a Father should be. I love you so much and will think of you everyday.

2. Avatar Tommi Edwards says:

You may be gone, but never forgotten. Your smile is imprinted in my mind and heart. You were an inspiration to anyone who met you. ILY my friend and miss you so much. I know youre smiling down on all of us.

3. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Deepest sympathy to the family of Master Sgt. James Henley and thank you for the service to your country.

• Avatar Chelle says:

Hen Heezy~

I miss you so much man. You were the best mentor, First-shirt and friend… I have never met anyone as caring as you, as accepting of random text messages at 3am telling you mizzle and I are going to Santa Barb. You were the one we alwways sent them to because we always loved seeing you laugh at our crazy antics.

When you smiled it made us all smile, when you yelled I dont remember ever shutting my mouth and paying more attention! But you were always fair and strightforward.

Now here I am writting on some dang internet page because I miss you so much. MDS will never be the same without you. Ill never go back.

Chelle

4. Avatar MSG Dianne Buckhout, says:

I served with Jim in my previous life with 349th Medical Sqdn, USAF, Travis AFB. You were a dedicated professional and a superb NCO. God Bless.

5. Avatar Dottie Deerwester says:

There are a few people in this world who make a serious impact on our lives. Chief Jim was one of those people to me. I still think of him and miss him, his dedication to others, and his huge personality. I would like to know where he is buried so I can pay my respects.

Dottie Deerwester