Redding Police Charge Parolee in Sexual Assault on Preteen

Arthur Lee Perkins

At 8:18 a.m. on Saturday, July 9, the Redding Police Department responded to an address in North Redding regarding a report of a sexual assault of an 11 year old female that had just occurred. Officers arrived and located Arthur Perkins, 39 years of age, of Redding, CA. He was walking from the scene of the sexual assault and detained by officers. He was subsequently arrested for a parole warrant, a felony probation warrant, and being in possession of methadone and a dagger.

The victim was transported and treated at a local hospital. Detectives completed numerous interviews of witnesses and the victim. Crime scene officers obtained evidence from the scene that supported the victim’s allegations.

The investigation revealed Arthur Perkins attempted to sodomize the victim before raping her. He choked the victim and threatened to kill her family and her with a knife if she told anyone. He actually held a knife to the victim’s throat while making the threats.

Perkins is being held without bail at the Shasta County jail and faces the following charges:

• sodomy by force upon child under 14 (286(C)F1 PC – 3, 6, or 8 years)
  • rape upon child under 14 (269 PC – 15 to life)
  • lewd and lascivious acts on a child by force (288(B)(1) PC – 5, 8, or 10 years)
  • criminal threats (422 PC – 1 year)
  • assault with a deadly weapon (245(A)(1) PC – 1, 2, 3, or 4 years)
  • carry concealed dirk or dagger (12020(A)(4) PC – 1 year)
  • possession of controled narcotic substance (11350(A) HS – 1 year)
  • review of probation (1203.3 PC)
  • violation of parole (3056 PC)

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the Redding Police Department: (530) 225 – 4200.

-from press release

A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.

1. Avatar rmv says:

ANOTHER, NOT GUILTY PLEA!! anyone want to bet otherwise?

wait, i take that back, PLEAD GUILTY, and receive a lesser sentence?

DOES "ANY" OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANY OF YOU READERS?

i rest my case.

p.s. he might WALK, the jails are TOO FULL anyway. 🙁 🙁

• Avatar JeffG says:

"p.s. he might WALK, the jails are TOO FULL anyway."

Sad but true, especially before trial. The county jail can hold 381, but apparently Bosenko closed a floor to save money and they are having to release repeat offenders to meet the artificial 241 capacity…

According to the Jail's web tracker, there are 257 currently in custody so I guess we can expect another 16 early releases tonight.

• Avatar rmv says:

as a LOT of people know, i only speak the truth, sadly this is a word that MOST people can't deal with. thank you JeffG. 🙂

• Avatar bigbeck2u says:

You can all say what you want, this is My brother and I am the Mother of 3 Daughters and I do not condone Child Molesters, it is True that Arthur was charged in 2008 for raping a 17 year old however he was cleared because he was at home in bed and had several witnesses to that as well as the DNA evidence that was collected was not my Brothers DNA …. you can't fake that!! now on to the charges brought against him this past July!! he is awaiting trial and will again be found Innocent because he did not and would not do what he has been charged with I understand peoples anger towards Child Molesters they are sick Individuals that need to be dealt with in a manner I do not care to vocalize, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I am so sure of my Brothers innocence I would bet entire family's life's on it, you see I do know the whole story and I would Love to share it with you, and I will after the trial is over, and the accuser is behind bars for filing false charges , and other crimes against Arthur . in the mean time my Brother is sitting behind bars for a crime he did not commit and being Publicly humiliated by not only the person who has brought these false charges but also by persons who have no Idea what they are talking about you all should be ashamed of yourselves really!

• Avatar chitlynne says:

i am sorry bigbeck to hear all that, i heard about all this just recently. I left Redding in 2001 and used to hang out with JR and Jesse way back in the day. I couldnt believe my ears or my eyes when I heard and read about all this. I will keep ALL those involved in my prayers. Tell both of them I said hello.

2. Avatar Dexter says:

This is the same man who, during the summer of 2008, rapped a 17 year old who was walking home from a party.

He was found not guilty: http://www.redding.com/news/2009/apr/18/redding-m

… and because of this, he was allowed to rape once more… that we know of. I am at a loss for words.

3. Avatar Dandk says:

This is the second time this guy was charged with something similar to this. He walked last time

4. Avatar Frank Rizzo says:

Why is he wearing a ballistic vest in the mugshot?