The victim was transported and treated at a local hospital. Detectives completed numerous interviews of witnesses and the victim. Crime scene officers obtained evidence from the scene that supported the victim’s allegations.
The investigation revealed Arthur Perkins attempted to sodomize the victim before raping her. He choked the victim and threatened to kill her family and her with a knife if she told anyone. He actually held a knife to the victim’s throat while making the threats.
- Perkins is being held without bail at the Shasta County jail and faces the following charges:
- sodomy by force upon child under 14 (286(C)F1 PC – 3, 6, or 8 years)
- rape upon child under 14 (269 PC – 15 to life)
- lewd and lascivious acts on a child by force (288(B)(1) PC – 5, 8, or 10 years)
- criminal threats (422 PC – 1 year)
- assault with a deadly weapon (245(A)(1) PC – 1, 2, 3, or 4 years)
- carry concealed dirk or dagger (12020(A)(4) PC – 1 year)
- possession of controled narcotic substance (11350(A) HS – 1 year)
- review of probation (1203.3 PC)
- violation of parole (3056 PC)
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the Redding Police Department: (530) 225 – 4200.
-from press release
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.