Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
The latest numbers from Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: October 7, 2020
Statistics from October 6, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases:1,267
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 5
In Isolation: 126
Active Cases: 131
Confirmed Cases Tuesday: 25
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 0
In Quarantine: 303
Released from Isolation to Date: 1,112
Negative Tests Tuesday: 441
Negative Tests to Date: 50,013
Total Tests: 51,280
• We had 25 new cases on Tuesday, including 16 men and 9 women. They are:
11 people in their 20s
5 people in their 30s
1 person in their 40s
1 person in their 50s
3 people in their 60s
1 person in their 70s
1 person in their 80s
• We are sorry to have to report two deaths today. Both are men in their 80s.
• Isolation and quarantine are public health strategies used to contain the spread of disease. If you have tested positive for COVID or know that you are a close contact of someone who tested positive, you can learn more about isolation and quarantine on this webpage.
• Myth: People are being exposed to COVID-19 through a vaccine trial in Shasta County. Fact: A private research company is conducting a COVID-19 vaccine trial to help make the availability of a new vaccine a reality. The trial does not involve the Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency. No participants are exposed to COVID through the trial.
• Schools are not universally affected by a county’s change in tiers, though they may decide to move to distance learning for a variety of reasons, including availability of staff. Regardless of what tier a county falls into, it is recommended that a school closes when at least 5% of staff and students test positive for COVID19 within 14 days, and school districts should close if one-quarter of schools in the districts are closed due to COVID-19 cases.