The update from the weekend by Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: August 24, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 545
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 6
In Isolation: 30
Active Cases: 36
Confirmed Cases Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 5 Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 3
In Quarantine: 175
Released from Isolation to Date: 498
Negative Tests Friday/Saturday/Sunday: *
Negative Tests to Date: Total Tests: *
• We had a total of 14 new cases on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Twelve had symptoms and none are hospitalized. They are:
Two teenage girls and one teenage boy
One woman and one man in their 20s
One man in his 30s
One woman and one man in their 40s
One woman and two men in their 50s
One woman and two men in their 60s
• * Negative test numbers were not available today.
• Myth: “Sick people can just stay home.” Fact: Some of our cases, including several who required
hospitalization, were high-risk people who were staying home and contracted the virus from someone living in their household. COVID-19 can be contagious before a person has symptoms, so it’s very important for people to wear face coverings and practice physical distancing in public to avoid spreading the disease.
• By the numbers: The majority of COVID-19 cases in Shasta County continue to be among adults 18-39, followed by adults 40-54. More statistics are available at http://ShastaReady.org– click on “Data and Statistics.”
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19. Go to ShastaReady.org and click on “Get tested” to find out the best option for you.
Resources: Website: www.ShastaReady.org Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center, Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District, Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center