UPDATE FROM REU
REU crews continue their efforts to restore power after as much as 14 inches of
snow paralyzed our City yesterday. As of 9:00 this morning (REU) reports that
approximately 6,200 customers are still without power.
REU reports there are still outages throughout the city and the priorities are
1. Identifying and restoring the 115 KV transmission lines feeding substations.
2. Restoring communications at the Sulphur Creek substation and the feeders
at Moore Road, Airport and Texas Springs substations which bring the
power to our residences and businesses.
3. Patrolling and restoring service on the feeders.
4. Ensuring that all critical load (Medical services, waste water facilities, etc.
have power restored).
REU is asking those customers who have had trees fall into the power lines on
their property to help by contracting with a qualified private electrician to aid in
repairing or replacing weather heads/service entrances thus allowing REU crews
to re-energize their homes or business. With service drop lines being cleared from
trees or obstructions and weatherheads/service entrances ready for service, REU
will be able to energize their home or business.
Six crews from other Public Power cities have joined Redding’s line crews giving
us more opportunity to restore power more quickly.
CAUTION. If you see a powerline down on the ground, STAY AWAY from it and
assume it is live; And even if you have called to report it PLEASE call the outage
hotline at (530) 245-7000 to report it again!! We need all the information our
community can share with us to restore power and keep everyone safe.
Last night’s snow storm caused heavy snow to accumulate on tree branches across the Redding area. Many trees became overladen causing them to break off and damage critical infrastructure.
Despite repairs around the community today, there are roughly 13,030 customers without power at this time. This morning, there were over 30,000 without power, so electric crews have made significant progress. That said, the areas listed below have not had power restored. Local crews, along with crews from 6 other mutual aid agencies-many of which will arrive as early as tonight, will continue to work over the next four to five days to repair damage and restore power. We thank our community for their patience as we make critical repairs to the electric systems.
- FEEDER 2703 – AREA DESCRIPTION – NORTH BOUNDARY IS ARIZONA ST INCLUDING A PORTION OF CYNTHIA WY, WEST BOUNDARY IS CHURN CREEK MOBILE PARK INCLUDING EAST OAKS ESTATES, EAST BOUNDARY IS AIRPORT RD, SOUTH BOUNDARY IS FROZEN GOURMET AT AIRPORT RD INCLUDING SHASTINA RANCH SUBDIVISION
- FEEDER 2704 – AREA DESCRIPTION – NORTH BOUNDARY IS THE NORTH SIDE OF ALDEN AVE, WEST BOUNDARY IS EAST SIDE OF VICTOR AVE FROM ½ A BLOCK SOUTH OF MARLENE AVE TO ½ A BLOCK SOUTH OF GALAXY WAY, EAST BOUNDARY IS CAPRICORN WAY FROM LEONARD ST TO VENUS WAY, SOUTH BOUNDARY IS GALAXY WAY FROM VICTOR AVE TO POLARIS WAY INCLUDING MARTIAN WAY AND CIRRUS ST
- FEEDER 1302 – AREA DESCRIPTION – BOTH SIDES OF VICTOR AVE IN THE ENTERPRISE PARK AREA AND ALONG SHASTA VIEW DR FROM VENUS WAY SOUTH TOWARDS RANCHO RD
- FEEDER 2401 – AREA DESCRIPTION – LOWDEN LN EAST TO I-5, SOUTH TO HARTNELL AVE NORTH ALONG BECHELLI LN TO REDCLIFF DR
- FEEDER 2404 – AREA DESCRIPTION – WEST OF CHURN CREEK RD TO I-5 FROM HARTNELL AVE NORTH TO INDUSTRIAL ST
- FEEDER 1202 – AREA DESCRIPTION – FROM APPROX. E. CYPRESS SOUTH ON BOTH SIDES OF VICTOR AVE TO GALAXY WAY, WITH A PORTION FROM CHURN CREEK RD EAST ALONG ECHO RD
- FEEDER 1203 – AREA DESCRIPTION –AREA SOUTH OF HWY 44 BETWEEN HILLTOP DR AND CANBY RD SOUTHEAST TO E. CYPRESS AVE
- FEEDER 1204 – AREA DESCRIPTION – see below
AREA-1 – PARK MARINA CIRCLE & MARINA RV PARK & EAST SIDE OF
PARK MARINA DR BETWEEN ½ BLOCK SOUTH OF PARK MARINA
CIRCLE AND ½ BLOCK SOUTH OF SOUTH ST;
AREA-2 – ALL OF HEMSTED DR FROM CYPRESS AVE TO JUST WEST OF
BECHELLI LN, NORTH SIDE OF CYPRESS AVE FROM THE SAC RIVER TO
AREA-3 – ALL OF HARTNELL AVE FROM CYPRESS AVE TO BECHELLI LN
INCLUDING ROTHERS RIVERSIDE SUBDIVISION;
- FEEDER 1702 – AREA DESCRIPTION – BECHELLI LN SOUTH OF HARTNELL AVE EAST TO C ST NORTH OF KERRYJEN CT, HARTNELL AVE EAST OF I-5 TO ALFREDA WAY, CHURN CREEK RD NORTH TO E. CYPRESS AVE;
- FEEDER 1503 AREA DESCRIPTION – SOUTH OF HWY 44 WEST OF SHASTA VIEW DR TO CHURN CREEK, EAST OF SHASTA VIEW DR SOUTH TO BILLINGS DR, AREA WEST OF VICTOR AVE ALONG CYPRESS AVE-
- FEEDER 2603 AREA DESCRIPTION – BETWEEN THE SACRAMENTO RIVER AND EASTSIDE RD AT THE CLEAR CREEK TREATMENT PLANT, NORTH TO WAVERLY AVE WEST ACROSS HWY 273 INCLUDING THE RANCHERIA-
- FEEDER 2604 – BOTH SIDES OF HWY 273, EAST FROM SOUTH BONNYVIEW TO FLEET ST, WEST FROM GLENGARY DR TO KENYON
- FEEDER 1603 – AREA DESCRIPTION – WEST OF SACRAMENTO RIVER ALONG SACRAMENTO DR, SOUTH TO ISLAND DR INCLUDING OXBOW AND CREEKSIDE ST
- FEEDER 1604 – AREA DESCRIPTION – EAST SIDE OF I-5 FROM HARTNELL AVE TO ARIZONA ST, ALL OF HARPOLE AVE AND DE MOLL DR, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING SUBDIVISIONS: SHIRLEY, VISTA DEL SOL, MONTEBELLO PARK, VIKING VILLAGE, KAYDEE, TERRA VISTA, DENTON, CHURN CREEK HEIGHTS
- FEEDER 2803 – AREA DESCRIPTION – RIVERPARK HIGHLAND SUBDIVISION OFF BENTON DR AND RIVER RIDGE SUBDIVISION OFF QUARTZ HILL RD-
- FEEDER 1401 AREA DESCRIPTION – WEST OF HWY 273 TO ALOE VERA DR, BETWEEN BRANSTETTER AND HOWARD DR
- FEEDER 1404 AREA DESCRIPTION – NO CUSTOMERS ON THIS CIRCUIT