Sunday Funny: Cartoonist Lured From Hiatus by State of Jefferson

phil_laughingPhil Fountain is a cartoonist, writer and occasional bed-wetter based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Chamberlain, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.

Phil Fountain is a cartoonist and writer based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

1. Welcome back, Phil! I've missed you! 🙂

2. Avatar Handouts Don't says:

This is a HOOT! This cartoon is SO very accurate and reflective of the true education, cultural and mentality of the Northstate, Redding, Shasta County and the "State of Jefferson!"

WELL DONE!

• Avatar Moderation says:

I abhor the current national culture of verbally abusing everyone that doesn't agree with your opinion. If someone who lives in the Northstate bashes the education, culture, and mentality of those who live here, aren't they saying that they personally have little education, no culture and a low mentality? It's so easy to make fun of people who are working hard to make things better. I have lived in the northstate for 20 years, have a Master's Degree (obtained in Southern California) enjoy the theater, ballet and classical music. I have traveled to most states and at least 10 foreign countries, but I love the beauty of this area, and find most people I meet here to be friendly and intelligent. I would also love it if we could be separate from the one-sided decision making process in Sacramento. That does not make me stupid or backward, or insane. I got over calling people names like that when I finished Junior High (in New York State, btw–in case that impresses you with my intelligence.)

• Avatar Philbert says:

I kid because I love. Thanks for reading, HDH!!!

3. Great to see you back at it, Phil. This is a riot. And I thought they were going to name it of the Jefferson Airplane. Boy, do I have a lot to learn.

4. Avatar Canda says:

Welcome back, Phil. You tickle my funny bone!

5. Avatar Charlie says:

Hello Phil, Always a pleasure, sir. Is this what Thomas had in mind?

What happened to government by reason and intelligent compromise?

6. Avatar roy says:

Welcome back Phil!

today's funny gets you 3 1/2

lol lol lol lc

7. Avatar CouldBeTrouble says:

What's really funny is the mind that sees only the few sprinkling raindrops and completely ignores the looming massive black clouds in the distance. The parable of the grasshopper and the ant come to mind, but not only is this grasshopper weak of mind, he also hates the "ants" he lives with. Laugh now, cry later as none will escape the coming storm with the kind of illogic we are seeing today's media.

• Avatar Philbert says:

Thanks for reading, CBT!!! But, I confess I stopped reading after, "…really funny…"

• Avatar CoupBeTrouble says:

You read it and now we know you are less than honest too, Phil. Liberals… just one more "brick in the wall" designed to destroy individual freedom and built by the disillusioned and brainwashed who think they are engineering utopia. If this were an unbiased forum a real name could be used, but alas, banning alternative content is the desire of the creatures here. And Budd, it's just a comment, lighten up… er or light up which ever sets you straight!

8. Avatar Zeno says:

This is so funny. No water for nobody, er nobuddy!

9. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Phibert…Welcome back to Loonytoons of the north state. You even pulled in comments from "The Searching Redlight" newspaper where they hide their identity with names like Handouts don't help and Could Be Trouble. Moderation, lighten up. It's a cartoon.

But, hey a state of Jefferson could pull in new people like the banjo player from deliverance or even Michelle Bachman and we could put Jones in as governor.

You scored a Dodger homerun with that one, Phil. It's great to see your funnies grace the cyber pages of anewscafe.com.

10. Avatar John says:

You are new to me. At least you can illustrate.

11. Avatar Dorothy Nethery says:

Phil, You did not disappoint your fans. Keep them coming!

12. Avatar Nita Carter says:

yahoo! Phil is back.

13. Avatar Claudette says:

Cudos Phil. I was born and raised in the north state and I think the State of Jefferson is a joke. One we can not afford. Loved the cartoon. Keep them coming.

14. Avatar Hal Johnson says:

It's great to see your work again, Phil.