The Trails and Bikeways Council of Greater Redding is inviting all artists to participate in an ArtHop show titled “The View from a Trail.” The council is asking artists to offer their interpretation of what makes this part of Northern California so special.
The purpose of this exhibit is to introduce art lovers to regional scenic and recreational gems that can be viewed or accessed from our public trails. The ultimate goal of this exhibit is to encourage the public use, appreciation of, and support for our outstanding and growing local trail system.
Acceptable display formats include artwork photos, paintings, digital images and videos, audios, and all other mixed media. There are no date or subject limitations and youth 18 and younger are encouraged to participate. The following is required for submitted artwork:
- Mounted pieces must be ready to hang or display.
- Digital images, videos, or audios can be hand-delivered or mailed as CDs or DVDs or emailed [if not too large a file] to email@example.com.
- The image must be taken from or be of a publicly accessible trail in Shasta County or any of the Northern California counties that border it.
- The name of the trail associated with the image must be specified.
- The approximate year and month or season that the image was created should be supplied with the trail name, e.g. a typical photo label would be FB Trail, May 2011, or Lassen Summit Trail, fall mid-1980s.
Bring submissions to Redding Critical Care, 1650 Pine Street, Redding, CA 96001 Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Noon on Fridays) starting September 26th and ending on October 3rd (no late entries accepted).
For more information about this event, please contact: Sandy Harrison, Trails and Bikeways Special Events Coordinator at (530) 515-1020 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the TBC group please visit: www.reddingtrailsandbikeways.org
What: A View From the Trail
When: Saturday, Oct. 8, from 6 to 9 p.m.
Where: Maritime Seafood & Grill, 1600 California St., Redding, CA 96003
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.