On Thursday, July 28, at 0235 hours (2:35 a.m.), police officers were dispatched to the Redding Inn located at 2010 Pine Street to investigate an assault.
The victim was identified as Dyann Black, 47, of Redding. She was found in the parking lot, suffering from a severe laceration on the top of her head. She was bleeding profusely and needed immediate medical assistance. Redding Fire Department personnel and American Medical Response paramedics attended to the victim, and she was transported to Shasta Regional Medical Center for her injuries.
The investigation revealed that the victim and an acquaintance who was identified as Edmond Jung, 31, of Redding, had been drinking beer and liquor together for most of the evening. The victim allowed Jung to visit in her room. She later asked Jung to leave, which according to witnesses enraged Jung, and he became violent. He refused to leave the room and struck the victim in the head with the room telephone.
Jung attempted to fight other motel patrons who were attempting to intervene. He was arrested at the scene but became violent with police during the arrest. He spit on the officers, attempted to fight, and threatened to kill police officers on scene. Jung was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon (245(A)(1) PC) and obstructing a peace officer (69 PC) before being booked into the Shasta County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Jung has an extensive arrest history in Shasta County. Court records show the following recent cases:
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -08-0000687-002
- CASE#: MC RD CV-UD-07-0000680-000
- CASE#: SC RD CV-PT-07-0161726-000
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -07-0002089-002
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -07-0009178-002
- CASE#: MC RD IN-TR-05-0015914-001
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -04-0007649-002
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -03-0003393-002
- CASE#: SC RD CV-DV-02-0147096-000
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -00-0000909-002
- CASE#: MC RD CR-M -99-0004662-002
- CASE#: MC RD CR-F -99-0005733-002
- CASE#: MC AN CR-M -98-0001101-002
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.