Merry Christmas!

xmas-card-09

From Doni and Kelly –

To readers (40,000 households and businesses, and growing) – we thank you for visiting anewscafe.com so frequently, for making yourselves at home here and demonstrating that it’s possible for thousands of people to not just read a website, but actively participate in a civilized, classy and a curious way.

To contributors (more than 50 of you, and growing) we thank you for putting yourselves out there to provide a richness of content that’s serious and funny – newsy and interesting. Some of you are trained journalists and published authors, others are lay people who write about your areas of expertise. Whether it’s photos, videos, cartoons, opinion pieces, food stories, political articles or humorous columns, you inform and entertain us in a way that attracts readers. You captivate us in a way that encourages us to take off our shoes, stay awhile and return for more.

To advertisers (nearly 40, and growing) we thank you for recognizing the value in being part of the anewscafe.com family by entrusting this site with your ads. Without you we could not earn a living and keep this business going.

Finally, we thank our tiny but mighty team who works magic behind the curtain to produce and maintain anewscafe.com 24 hours a day. Thank you for dedicating your talent, ideas, passion and community spirit to create a high-quality “we site” unlike any other.

You are all our friends and neighbors, primarily people from the North State, but also those with North State ties who now live as far away as Paris and the Czech Republic (hi Doug, hi Joe).

We send out heartfelt wishes to everyone for a wonderful holiday season filled with love, joy, peace of mind, good health and only pleasant surprises.

And speaking of pleasant surprises, we know it’s been a while since we’ve written The Dish, but we took some time off to recharge our batteries. Then we got busy moving furniture around anewscafe.com to get ready for the new year. We’ll be ready to show you the changes after the first of the year. As always, please speak up and let us know what you think. After all, this is everyone’s “we site” and we invite you to be open with your thoughts and suggestions.

Until then, merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all.

...

1. Avatar Sheila Barnes says:

A Merry, Merry Christmas to you all at a newscafe.com as well. I continue to enjoy and be happily surprised by this website. It is now just a few minutes after midnight on Christmas Eve, I have turned off the Christmas lights and the house is dark and quiet with an almost full moon shining in my window. As my family and I head off to bed, we send our hopes that this holiday season reflects peace and good-will to all.

2. JoeD JoeD says:

Veselé Vánoce (Merry Christmas) from the Czech Republic!

3. Avatar Rommie Brewer says:

Merry Christmas to everyone at anews cafe .com and all their readers and contributers. I enjoy reading a newscafe each morning before I read my local paper. Much success in the coming year "

4. Avatar Ginny says:

Merry Christmas to the A News Cafe! May the New Year bring only good things for all of you. You have made this year informative, interesting, and part of my life and lives of others no matter where they live.

Oh, by the way, I send links to your site all over the Country and even Canada! They enjoy, also. ;o)

God Bless!

5. Avatar Erin Friedman says:

Many thanks to the folks who have worked to create this friendly gathering spot. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6. Avatar Philbert says:

Happy Hollydaze, everybody! I love each and every one of you. I really do… but in a non-creepy sort of way.

7. Barbara Rice Barbara Rice says:

Merry Christmas to all at A News Cafe, and thank you for providing a safe, civilized forum for voices that would never otherwise be heard. Looking for great things in 2010!

8. Avatar Bil Collins says:

yeah, Philbert says it all: "I love ya all" but not in a creepy way!
    Reminds me of the old Budweiser commercial "I luv ya man", but not enough to give ya my beer! hahahaha

Just kidding, I WOULD give you my beer.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
    See ya in the funny papers! (Now who remembers THAT LINE?)
    banjo bil
    (I'm saving energy this coming year, by having only one "L" in my name.)

9. Avatar Tammy D says:

Merry Christmas to All the wonderful staff at A News Cafe! You guys rock!

10. Dugan Barr Dugan Barr says:

You guys have managed to make something that is informative and also a lot of fun. Keep on keepin' on. And Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all.

11. Avatar Karen Whittaker says:

Ah-h-h! A big sigh, as this special day is closing… My family and friends have just left our happy home after a merrious Christmas celebration, and now I can relax a little, kick up my feet, and have a glorious glass of red vino. Oh, and I see another piece of cheesecake coming my way!!

This Christmas turned out to be extra special because of adopting a family in need: a a home with 15 special needs adults. Without going into more detail, this has become the best gift ever I have given, with the help of family and friends.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! May 2010 bring the best of joy to you and yours, and thank you Anewscafe for your great work!!

12. Avatar Joanne Lobeski Snyde says:

Renewed vigor and enthusiasm for 2010. "A News Cafe" is a treasure.

13. Avatar jacki g. says:

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a 'Good-night'!…

14. Jennifer Jewell Jennifer Jewell says:

Happy Boxing Day to you all at a News Cafe – thanks Doni, Kelly, Bruce, Joe D. and everyone else who make this happen daily – it's always a honor to participate and always a good read/laugh/look/learn! 2009's been great – here's to all you will do in 2010! Best –

15. Avatar Hal Johnson says:

Happy holidays to you all. Thanks for not going away.

16. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Merry Christmas to all of you at A News Cafe. 2010 will bring you an even bigger audience with an appetite for interesting information from very creative writers with a very talented resident cartoonist.

People, using their given name, talking with other stable people without slamming or extorting is also what attracted me and 40-thousand others to this unique web address.

Doni, Kelly et all, keep on keepin on with what you've got!

I love it!