Occupation: Business Owner / Developer
“I am honored to be a candidate for Redding City Council. My wife Rebekah and I live in Redding with our four daughters in a small neighborhood we are building called Shiloh Park.
I am a small business owner, developer, and community organizer for local entrepreneurs and startups. I am running for city council because I believe Redding can be California’s Best Small Town— where we are growing thoughtfully, have sustainable public safety infrastructure, and a thriving workforce and economy.
The decisions our city council makes can either send a message that we are business-friendly or more about regulation. We can either approach problems passively or attack them head-on with courage.
I want to be a leader that works hard for small businesses and collaborates to solve our most challenging problems. We have seen tremendous effort in our community these past several years to infuse life in our downtown, volunteers contributing to new parks and trail systems, new job growth, and cultural events that all contribute to Redding’s collective identity.
We now need government to do its part to support you as you make Redding into the best version of itself. Vote for me, Joshua Johnson, on November 8th.”
Videos, forums, online promotions
Who is Joshua Johnson?
Non-negotiables, and front porches
Joshua Johnson TEDxRedding
League of Women Voters forum/Cascade Theatre
Greater Redding Chamber of Commerce forum
Shasta Environmental Alliance forum
Sam Chimenti KRCR Meet Your Candidate interview
Joshua Johnson for Redding City Council webpage
Joshua Johnson Facebook page
- Shiloh Park: A flagship project developing a neighborhood that better connects its residents and provides the framework for tighter community. The neighborhood boasts 21 modern farmhouse homes with large front porches and a guest suites above each garage.
- Startup Redding: Johnson is co-founder of the Startup Redding community under the Shasta Economic Development Corporation.
- Shasta Association of Realtors: a licensed Shasta County realtor, operating under the Venture Properties brokerage.
- Stirring Church: Although often assumed to be a Bethel Church member, according to Johnson’s campaign website, he and his family have attended the Stirring Church for eight years.
- Redding Venture Conference: Joshua Johnson volunteered at Redding’s first Venture Conference in 2019, which invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in local businesses.
- Redding Sand Club: In 2021 Joshua Johnson, former Redding City Council member Brent Weaver, Lance Jacobs, and Jamie Lynn partnered with Redding Recreation to develop and build Redding’s first professional-grade sand volleyball courts in Lake Redding Park. These courts are now used to train youth athletes, host clinics, city recreation leagues, and tournaments.
- Anderson Community & Economic Development: Served as a board member of the Anderson Community & Economic Development group
Some endorsements (visit Facebook for complete list, quotes.)
- Shasta Vote
- Marty Moseley
- Bruce Dean
- Julie Winter
- Kristen Schreder
- Ed Rullman
- Shasta Association of Realtors
- Redding Professional Firefighters
- Maas Energy Works
- Adventure Challenge