Latest numbers from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: March 12, 2021
Statistics from March 11, 2021
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 11,170
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 9
In Isolation: 100 (estimate)
Active Cases: 109 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Thursday: 7
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 3
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 37.3%
Released from Isolation to Date: 10,873
Newly Received Negative Tests: 994
Number of Tests in the Past 14 Days (+ and -): 8,237
Total Tests: 167,170
• We had 7 cases Thursday, including 6 men and 1 woman:
– 3 people in their 30s
– 2 people in their 40s
– 1 person in their 60s
– 1 person in their 70s
• We are sorry to have to report two deaths today. They are a man in his 80s and a woman over the age of 89.
• VACCINE CLINICS: Several first- and second-dose clinics are available in the next few weeks in Shasta County. Learn more at www.ShastaReady.org – click on “Vaccinations.”
• Shasta County is looking for vaccinators to work in the COVID-19 response. If you are interested in volunteering or being hired as “Extra Help”, and you meet the criteria in this list, please visit Shasta County Employment Opportunities to apply.
• Saturday looks like it will be a beautiful day. Get out and get some fresh air before the rain comes. Taking a walk with people in your household is a healthy, socially distanced activity. Healthy Shasta has detailed trail information at www.healthyshasta.org/maps/, describing the hundreds of miles of beautiful trails in Shasta County.