Latest data from Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: February 9, 2021
Statistics from February 7 and 8, 2021
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 10,753
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 22
In Isolation: 216 (estimate)
Active Cases: 238 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Sunday and Monday: 10 Sunday, 43 Monday
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 5
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 36.0%
Released from Isolation to Date: 10,351
Negative Tests Sunday and Monday: 1,839
Number of Tests in the Past 14 Days (+ and -): 7,614
Total Tests: 145,653
• We had 53 cases Sunday and Monday,
including 25 men and 28 women:
– 3 children under age 13
– 6 teenagers
– 11 people in their 20s
– 9 people in their 30s
– 6 people in their 40s
– 3 people in their 50s
– 7 people in their 60s
– 4 people in their 70s
– 2 people in their 80s
– 2 people of unknown age
• We are sorry to report three deaths today. They were a man in his 60s, a man in his 70s and a man in his 80s.
• If you received your first COVID-19 shot during the mass vaccination clinic on January 16 in Redding, you can get your second dose Saturday, Feb. 13, at the Shasta District Fairgrounds in Anderson. This will be a drive-through clinic. Please arrive by last name: A-G, 10-11:30 a.m.; H-M, 11:30-1 p.m.; N-S, 1-2:30 p.m.; and T-Z, 2:30-4 p.m. Your CDC card that shows the date of your first vaccine is required. Other second dose options will be available soon.
• Shasta County remains in the purple (“widespread”) tier. Our adjusted case rate decreased from 25.0 to 23.0 daily cases per 100,000 residents. The unadjusted case rate is 20.2, but was adjusted up because the county’s per capita testing volume is lower than the state average. Our positivity rate increased from 4.9% to 5.5%. Because our positivity rate moved from the orange to the red tier, we will not be moving into the red tier in the next week; we will remain in the purple tier. Please continue to wear masks, physically distance, get tested and be vaccinated when it’s your turn to help bring our case rates and positivity rate down.
• All three state COVID testing sites accept both walk-ins and appointments. Hours are 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
– Shasta College (Monday through Friday)
– Boggs Building at 2420 Breslauer Way (Tuesday through Saturday)
– Senior Center at 2290 Benton Drive in Redding (Tuesday through Saturday)