Data from Thursday, from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY:
Total Confirmed Cases: 9,594
Confirmed Cases Thursday 1/14/2021: 144
Negative Tests Thursday 1/14/2021: 1,294
Negative Tests To Date: 119,096
Total Tests to Date: 128,690
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 55
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 5
Available ICU Capacity: *(see below)
In Isolation: 628 (estimate)
Active Cases: 683 (estimate)
Released from Isolation to Date: 8,794
Total Deaths: 117
• We had 144 cases on Thursday, including 55 men and 89 women:\
– 9 children under age 13
– 21 teenagers
– 18 people in their 20s
– 32 people in their 30s
– 17 people in their 40s
– 15 people in their 50s
– 18 people in their 60s
– 6 people in their 70s
– 7 people in their 80s
– 1 people over age 89
• We are sorry to have to report six deaths today. They were a man in his 30s, a man in his 50s, a woman in her 80s and three men in their 80s.
• The state has not updated this week’s available regional ICU capacity, but has informed Shasta County Public Health that our region is still not subject to the Regional Stay-At-Home Order.
• Vaccine is now available for all people in Phase 1A, and people over age 75 will be eligible on Tuesday. We can alert you when you are eligible for vaccination. Go to www.ShastaReady.org, click on “Vaccinations” and select “Tell me when it’s my turn.”
• Don’t forget about the mass vaccination clinic on Saturday for In Home Supportive Services providers and Community Health Workers. Find details at www.ShastaReady.org; click on “Vaccinations.”
• We are seeing many positive cases in offices, and many are reporting close contact with others in the workplace. This requires those contacts to be quarantined. Masks are required at all times indoors, unless you are alone in a private office. If you test positive and you and your colleagues have been staying at least six feet apart and wearing masks, they should not need to be quarantined. Let’s work together to stop the spread.
• County offices will be closed Monday, January 18, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The next incident update will be released Tuesday, January 19.