Today’s update from Shasta County HHSA.
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 5,490
Confirmed Cases Thursday 12/3/2020: 125
Negative Tests Thursday 12/3/2020: 917
Negative Tests To Date: 87,361
Total Tests to Date: 92,851
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 53
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 8
In Isolation: 439 (estimate)
In Quarantine: Thousands
Active Cases: 492 (estimate)
Released from Isolation to Date: 4,945
Total Deaths: 53
• We had a total of 125 cases on Thursday, including 55 men and 70 women:
– 6 children under age 13
– 17 teenagers
– 19 people in their 20s
– 17 people in their 30s
– 20 people in their 40s
– 21 people in their 50s
– 16 people in their 60s
– 4 people in their 70s
– 2 people in their 80s
– 2 people over age 89
– 1 person of unknown age
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a man in his 70s.
• Ten years. That’s the average length of time lost to a Shasta County resident who dies prematurely due to COVID. The calculation estimates the number of years a person would have lived if they had not died prematurely. Deaths are considered premature if they individual’s age is under the average life expectancy. So far, COVID has contributed to 225 years of potential life lost in Shasta County. Life expectancy in Shasta County is 76.2 years.
• Our data dashboard now includes more information in an easier-to-read format. Go to www.ShastaReady.org, click on “Data and Statistics” and scroll down to “Community impact.”
• Regional Stay-at-Home Order Update: As of Dec. 3, Shasta County’s ICU capacity was at 18.6 percent. If it dips below 15 percent, the Northern California region would be subject to the order. The state will update this number daily on its website. More information, including what would need to close, is available at https://covid19.ca.gov/.
• Testing is now available in Enterprise, Anderson, Shasta Lake City and South Redding, in addition to Shasta College. Go to www.ShastaReady.org and click on “Get Tested” to make an appointment.
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Shasta County Probation Department The City of Redding City of Shasta Lake Mercy Medical Center Redding Shasta Regional Medical Center Shasta Community Health Center Hill Country Health and Wellness Center Mayers Memorial Hospital District Redding Police Department Redding Firefighters Shingletown MedicalCtr