Today’s data from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: September 4, 2020
Statistics from September 3, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 581
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 3
In Isolation: 15
Active Cases: 18
Confirmed Cases Thursday:3
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 1
In Quarantine: 94
Released from Isolation to Date: 551
Negative Tests Thursday: 576
Negative Tests to Date: 36,590
Total Tests: 37,171
• We had 3 new cases on Thursday. All had symptoms and none are hospitalized. They are:
Two teenage girls
A woman in her 50s
• It’s Labor Day weekend, and even though businesses around the state are opening up, it’s recommended to avoid traveling long distances for vacations or pleasure as much as possible. Please do not travel if you are sick, or if someone in your household has had coronavirus in the last two weeks. If you do travel, take steps to keep everyone safe, like wearing a face covering, keeping 6 feet of physical distance from those not in your household, and washing your hands frequently. Before traveling away from your community, consider these questions from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) travel guidance:
- Is coronavirus spreading where you are traveling? Find the state map that shows which counties have widespread cases at ShastaReady.org – click on “Data and Statistics.”
- Are you or those you are traveling with more likely to get very sick from coronavirus?
- Will you be able to keep 6 feet of physical distance from others during or after your trip?
County offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 7, in observance of Labor Day. Our next update will be released on Tuesday, Sept. 8, and will reflect new cases and testing numbers from Friday through Monday.
Resources: Website: www.ShastaReady.org Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Cooperating Agencies: Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center, Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District,Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center