Today’s data compiled by Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: August 27, 2020
Statistics from August 26, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 557
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 2
In Isolation: 26
Active Cases: 28
Confirmed Cases Wednesday: 3
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 1
In Quarantine: 155
Released from Isolation to Date: 517
Negative Tests Wednesday: 257
Negative Tests to Date: 33,150
Total Tests: 33,707
• We had 3 new cases on Wednesday. One had symptoms and none are hospitalized. They are:
A teenage girl
A man in his 40s
A man in his 50s
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a man in his 60s.
• Myth: There’s no reason to be tested for COVID if you aren’t sick. Fact: There are lots of reasons someone would be tested even without symptoms. Some people want to know their current status now that more people are out in public. Some employers request that their employees get tested regularly. Some places require travelers to prove they’ve tested negative before entering their state. People who have been to large gatherings should also be tested due to increased risk of exposure. Testing is an important surveillance tool that helps public health know how the disease is spreading in our community.
• The state testing at Shasta College has been underused this week, and same-day appointments are available. Test results are taking an average of 3-4 days at this time.
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19. Go to ShastaReady.org and click on “Get tested” to find out the best option for you.
Resources: Website: www.ShastaReady.org Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Cooperating Agencies: Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center, Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District,Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center