Today’s update from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: August 7, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 418
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 6
In Isolation: 39
Active Cases: 45
Confirmed Cases 8/6/2020: 7
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 1
In Quarantine: 305
Released from Isolation to Date : 363
Negative Tests 8/6/2020: 237
Negative Tests to Date: 23,096
Total Tests: 23,514
• We had 7 new cases on Thursday. Three had symptoms, three are still under investigation, and none are hospitalized. They are:
Two men in their 20s
Three men in their 30s
One man in his 40s
One man in his 50s
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a man in his 70s.
• Our capacity for testing has increased in recent weeks. The state testing site can now test up to 154 people per weekday, up from a maximum of 132 per day, adding 110 tests per week. Shasta Community Health Center’s mobile testing has increased from 60 to 80 available tests per week through the mobile testing site. Anyone can be tested for COVID-19. Go to ShastaReady.org and click on “Get tested” to find out the best option for you.
• The number of tests that we are reporting today is most likely an undercount, due to the data reporting challenges at the state level that were shared earlier this week. The state expects that this will be resolved within the next week.
• As a reminder, we will not be reporting cases over the weekend, and Monday’s report will include numbers from Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center,
Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District, Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center