Total Confirmed Cases: 97
Confirmed Cases Today: 2
Total Tests to Date: 11228
Negative Tests: 11131
In Isolation: 19
In Quarantine: 140
Total Deaths: 4
Total Shasta County Residents Hospitalized (Current & Released): 14
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 3
• Shasta County has 2 new positive cases today. They are a woman in her 40s and a woman in her 50s. One had symptoms and neither is hospitalized.
• Though we had two cases today, our total only increased by one from yesterday. One of yesterday’s patients, a man in his 30s, was determined to live outside Shasta County, so they will be counted in their county of residence.
• The state database has been down all day, so we are reporting the same number of negative tests as yesterday.
• The majority of Shasta County cases have been due to close contact with someone who tested positive, travel (either to another county or hosting an out-of-town guest), or an undetermined source. It’s important to practice safe physical distancing and wearing face coverings not just when you’re in public, but when you’re in close contact with people outside of your household.
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19. If you have symptoms, contact your healthcare provider or call (530) 225-5591 to access testing in Redding or the Intermountain area. People with or without symptoms can sign up for testing at Shasta College by going to https://lhi.care/covidtesting. Appointments are required.
Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Unified Command Agencies: Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency, CalFire, Shasta County Sheriff
City of Redding
City of Anderson
City of Shasta Lake
Mercy Medical Center Redding
Shasta Regional Medical Center
Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center
Shasta Community Health Center
Mountain Valleys Health Centers
Mayers Memorial Hospital District