Update on Grissom Arrest

After arresting Gordon Grissom on July 31, 2014, the lead investigator on this case,
Detective Edwards, began focusing on how this ongoing sexual abuse went unreported.
Detective Edwards learned Gordon shared a singlewide modular home in the
Amberwood Mobile Home Park, located on Trefoil Lane in Cottonwood, California with
his 62 year old father, Thomas Grissom.

Detective Edwards responded to the Trefoil Lane residence and contacted Thomas who
was interviewed regarding this investigation and confirmed he’d been residing in the
same mobile home with the victim and Gordon. Thomas also admittedly has been
“step-grandfather” to the victim for the past several years. Thomas corroborated
statements made by both the victim and Gordon with respect to the three of them
living together. It should be noted this was the same residence where the victim
reported several years of ongoing molestation occurred.

Thomas claimed he did not know his son, Gordon, was having an ongoing sexual
relationship with the 16-year old victim; however, Thomas admitted that Gordon
told him about two months ago he was the father of the victim’s baby who was
also living at the same residence with them. Thomas told detectives he did not
report the sexual misconduct to law enforcement once he found out.

Furthermore, Thomas said there was no change in the living arrangements after
Gordon disclosed he was the father of the victim’s child. Detective Edwards
believed Thomas allowed the victim to stay in a situation where she was
subjected to continuous sexual abuse by Gordon; therefore, Detective Edwards
obtained an arrest warrant for Thomas along with a search warrant for his
residence. Detective Edwards arrested Thomas at his Trefoil Lane residence
in the morning hours on August 12th, 2014. Detectives then served a search
warrant at the Grissom residence seeking evidence regarding the ongoing

Thomas was charged with violating section 273(a)(b) PC- Child Endangerment
and booked at the Shasta County Jail. Thomas was released from custody on a
promise to appear in Superior Court on October 24th, 2014, at 0830 hours.
This investigation continuous as other possible victims have been identified.
Anyone having information regarding this case is encouraged to contact the
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit at the listed phone number or
by email at MCU@co.shasta.ca.us.

– Press Release

Press Release

-from press release

1 Comment
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments