Editor's note: If you appreciate being able to read posts like this, and want to ensure ANC's ability to continue publishing similar content, please click here to demonstrate your support and become a paid subscriber for as little as $1.35 a month.
What: Palo Cedro Park Fall Festival
When: Saturday (Oct. 9), 2 to 6 p.m.
Where: Palo Cedro Park; on Cedro Lane, one block east of Deschutes Road
• Andy Main’s giant pumpkin & water balloon slingshot competition
• Children’s pumpkin painting
• Annual painted pumpkins silent auction
• Giant pumpkin contest judging
• Annual pie and baked goods sale begins
• Tri Tip and chicken BBQ by Palo Cedro Lions Club
• Beer Garden open
• Slingshot competition final
-from press release
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment.