Sunday Funny: ‘Health Nuts’

022110

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

phil-fountain-laughingPhil Fountain is a cartoonist, writer and occasional bed-wetter based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

Phil Fountain is a cartoonist and writer based in the far reaches of Northern Californey.

1. Avatar Skip Murphy says:

Hey, I resemble that cartoon. I mean resent. I resent this cartoon. I'm a big fan of Bear Whiz Beer. "Its in the water." It's all natural, so how can that be unhealthy?

2. Avatar Kathy O'Mara says:

Well gee, the woman's legs are shaved…

3. Avatar Sandy Tincher says:

Loved the cartoon. I feel that life is what you make it and there are lots of people that ask for trouble with their life style. Keep up the great cartoons.

4. Avatar Chris says:

Ya' ain't seen nothin' 'til you've been to Kansas! Everyone still gets to smoke in restaurants here!

Good 'toon!

5. Avatar A Brady says:

I only wonder if one of your "drafts" of this cartoon had a political/patriotic pin or photo in it— with such a high rate of conservative Republicans in residence.

6. Avatar Dwayne Wayne McVayne says:

Hi Mom and Dad. Could you send some cheeze balls my way at 1655 West Street? http://www.shastacountypackage.com/index.php

7. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Phil…by crackie I thought we was all healthy here in Shasty County. Hell our bellies are out there where we can watch em and just as long as we can get in the car to make it to Wallmart, we'll be Okay. And when ya' go, don't ferget to get me sum "Dog Fart Beer" and a carton of smokes.

8. Avatar Doug Bennett says:

Only one thing misleading here: From the drumstick, you might think someone actually cooked in that home.
    By the way, stop peeking in my windows!

9. Avatar Jim Dyar says:

Tough three days of headlines in the R-S: Unhappiest county. More homeless than ever. Unhealthiest county.
    But other than being depressed, outdoors and sick, how are things lookin'?

10. Avatar Judy salter says:

On a walk with my grandson in Brainerd MN yesterday I counted 11 bars in a two block area around my daughter's apartment .. Including the well named "Liquor Pigs."

11. Avatar Budd Hodges says:

Phil…there's a cartoon there.The liquor Pig in Brainerd, NM.

12. Avatar Grammy of Igo says:

What I dont' understand, if finances are so tight here in Shasta County why are the smoking numbers still so high?

Sure our young people have to drop out of school and work a 30 hour minimum wage job to afford their smokes, but what about the adults?

Hey Phil, how was that turkey leg prepared?

Had one down in New Orleans that was smoked and delicious ($7.50 but was as big as a chicken all by its' self. Ended up throwing away more than half. Felt really guilty about it.)

13. Avatar Judy salter says:

I understand at Liquor Pigs they are $7.50 a pack!! No idea what they are at home in Redding. But then again, Liquor Pigs does sponsor a curling team.