1. Avatar Pat j. says:

Sailing Boat has some lamb dishes that are GREAT!

2. Avatar Barbara Stone says:

noodles…any kind. Oh, wait did you ask about Chinese food or comfort food LOL. Both maybe.

3. Avatar Jeanette says:

Pot Stickers, Egg Rolls, Won ton Soup, Pork Fired Rice, Chicken with Black Bean Sauce, Mongolian Beef, & Mushu Pork….

I am of course sharing all of this, not eating it all by myself. The cool thing about Chinese food is the more people you have with you, the more things you can order 🙂

I usually go to Sailing Boat!

Now I'm craving Chinese food.. thanks!

4. Avatar Beth says:

Hot and sour soup is our benchmark for a good Chinese restaurant. Lately we've loved Lucky Chinese on Walnut in Red Bluff for that — it's the right amount of hot, great sour, and enough veggies to make it perfect. And it has been consistently good.

5. Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

Sailing Boat is our favorite too. Adam and I like the cream cheese and crab won tons. I personally love their Moo Shu Shrimp.
    I have not had a bad meal there.

6. Avatar Erin says:

I like Peter Chu's…especially their Green Bean Pork with Black Bean Sauce. Also love their chicken and corn soup. Lots of times if I'm craving, I'll just make my own Chinese food at home.

7. Avatar Lili Hamra-Leach says:

never a bad meal @ Yuet Bistro. Always fresh and when ya say spicy…the do it!

8. Avatar Ann Webber says:

Having lived in San Francisco for years some of the things I crave are not even available here. We used to have a different favorite at each restaurant. When I was pregnant with Jeanette we would joke that she may be born Chinese as I consumed massive quantities of Chinese food. I must say a good pot sticker really says a lot about the overall quality of food in a restaurant.

Sailing Boat and Peter Chu's are our favorites here too. Nothing beats the little corner neighborhood Chinese restaurants in SF.

9. Avatar Ursula says:

I have to say that I have not gone out for Chinese food lately. But, if I were to entertain the idea, I would call Micheal at "East Wind Trade Company" in town, and ask for his advice. He has savored many Chinese restaurants in town. He spends a "Ton" of time in China, so his opinion would be favored highly!

• Doni Greenberg Doni Greenberg says:

Ursula, what (where) is East Wind Trade Company?

• Avatar Ursula says:

Hi Doni,

I have to apologize for the order of the words in the Company name.
        It is East Earth Trade Winds. And it is located @ 144 Hartnell Ave. Redding.
        Micheal, is the owner and practitioner. He is an Acupuncturist. He sells Chinese herbs, Teas, books and other wonderful items. If you have not been, you should go. He is a very interesting man.
        Sorry for the misguided information. 😉

10. Avatar Lynda B says:

Yank Sing
    Outstanding Dim Sum – In SFO
    Order the Pork Bao they are awesome and they freeze great so you can order extra and bring them home.

11. Avatar Janet Tyrrel says:

My criteria for a great Chinese restaurant is whether or not they have 'Sizzling Rice Soup' on the menu. Love to go to Peter Chu's, Sailing Boat AND the Grand Buffet for a variety of good dishes if we have different age groups. jt

12. Avatar Melissa says:

The answer depends on my health status at the time. If I'm feeling funky and on the verge of a cold: war won ton soup. If' my sinuses are all stopped up: hot and sour soup. When I'm healthy and happy: mu shu pork and crab cream cheese won tons. There's something magical in the plum sauce of mu shu.

13. Doni Greenberg Doni Greenberg says:

Pot stickers and won ton soup, and although it's been a while, I used to order those at The Peacock on Lake Blvd.

p.s. For many years The Grocery Outlet has sold bags of 60 frozen pot stickers (chicken or vegetable). Simmer in a large frying pan with a little water and a tablespoon of oil for a few minutes, then cook covered for a few more minutes. They're one of my favorite convenience appetizers, and they're also good in chicken broth with some snipped scallions.

Troy, have I told you lately how much I enjoy your questions of the day? I do! Thank you.

• Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

The Peacock was awesome. I used to go every Friday after with a friend. I miss their food. Rich would always order in Mandarin and the food was the bomb.