The Obama administration has announced new air travel restrictions that will require a full pat-down for anyone traveling from one of 14 countries associated with terrorism.
Any citizen of those nations flying to the United States will get the same treatment, no matter where they’re flying from. The new security rules are a result of the Christmas Day bombing attempt in Detroit.
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee already is putting a formal protest together, but it’s hard to argue with a pat-down for everyone flying in from, say, Afghanistan or Iran. Seems like common sense to me.
Full story here.
- Fun With Craigslist: Sometimes, we find items on Redding Craigslist that require no comment from us. They speak for themselves. To wit: “EXPERIENCED BARTENDER GREAT JOB IN REDDINGS NEWEST CLUB ! LOOKING FOR PERSON WITH SPEED AND PERSONALITY . OWNER IS A SOB SO YOU NEED TO BE THICK SKINNED . BEAUTIFUL PLACE GREAT FOOD. MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR NITE SHIFTS. INDIVIDUAL WITH FOOD SERVICE EXPER. IS KEY. PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT PIO LOCO. . .”
- One Last Look at 2009: If you haven’t already read Dave Barry’s hilarious Year in Review, then you should click here immediately.
- My pals over at January Magazine have produced their lists of best books of 2009, and they’re titles you’ll want to put on your own to-be-read list. Click here.
- Monday Morning QB: My two favorite teams, the Steelers and the 49ers, both won Sunday, but failed to make the playoffs. I feel my interest in the playoffs waning. Full wrap-up here.
- DVDs We’ve Seen: “The Invasion,” starring Nicole Kidman as a mom who tries to protect her son when an alien virus attacks the Earth, turning everyone into the type of boring stiff you avoid at cocktail parties. Kidman and co-star Daniel Craig are nice to watch, but you could write the script in your sleep.
- Rules for Successful Living #8: No texting during sex.
Tips appreciated: Send news tidbits to email@example.com.