Sled Show

Eskimo Hill

Lassen Park

Music from Dvorák’s New World Symphony

Dec. 26, 2009

was born in West Lafayette, Ind., and moved to Redding in 1988. He likes photography, crowds and going places to meet new people. He is married and has two grown children.

1. Avatar Kathleen says:

We are so blessed to live here!! Thank you for a great way to start to morning.

2. Avatar Caroline says:

When I clicked to see this, I thought, "Kelly, put a sweater on."

You know the thinking of our Moms, when they were cold YOU were cold.

3. Avatar Kelly Brewer says:

Thank you, Caroline. I am feeling a little chilly. 🙂

4. Avatar A Brady says:

I haven't been there since I was 19 yrs old. At that time, using a large piece of plastic as a sled with 4 friends sitting in front of me, I had an accident and became a Eskimo Hill statistic: by breaking my back- fractured lower lumbar vertebra.

With my kids, years later, we traveled to many snow covered areas to use the "snow discs" but I avoided Eskimo Hill.

Here's hoping that all those seeking snow fun, use caution and common sense.

5. Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

Eskimo Hill is one of our Holiday traditions. It just isn't Christmas without a trip down its icy slope. We have many different vehicles to travel on but a big sheet of black plastic is always the fastest. A few years ago Santa brought Corina a sit down and steer sled. It is super cool and a fast ride.

Eskimo Hill is COLD and the wind can whip right through you.

If you're going please remember the following items:

Waterproof boots

Waterproof jacket

Gloves

Stocking cap (one that covers the ears is good)

Scarf (keep the freezing wind from slipping down your neck)

Water (climbing up the hill is exhausting and you can break a pretty

good sweat)

A sled of some sort

Optional items: Sometimes we bring snacks and drinks and everything

and make day out of it. If you do this bring a large

sled or something to haul everything in.

Hot drinks, cocoa, tea, coffee (alcohol is not allowed)

Snacks

Firewood (there are a few fire pits so bring the makings of a nice warm

fire and spend the day with family and friends)

Chairs (snow makes your butt wet and standing on snow is cold on your feet)

Most important, remember to use caution and restraint. Have fun and make memories with your family and friends.

6. Avatar Linda Masterson says:

I would initially have thought of another piece of music, but this one is so perfect. Thanks for this very entertaining moment. Happy New Year

Al and Linda

And thank you for this place to talk without rancor and hate. Does it really have to be "my way" or "no way". We hope not. The best to everyone in 2010.

7. Avatar Gary York says:

We're taking our small youth group to Eskimo Hill today! We dont have much time but it is ALWAYS worth it! Great video and muzik! Real comments without the negativity, awesome. Praise the Lord always. Waiting on Him, Gary