Gentlemen, start your calendars. April is a crazy-busy time in Redding and around the North State. Easter Sunday and ArtHop and Kool April Nites and a variety of other events all come in the next two weeks.
- Not only is ArtHop next Saturday evening, but it’s also Family Second Saturday at Turtle Bay Exploration Park. This month’s theme is “Eggs, Eggs, Eggs.” Activities, crafts and information about the wonderful world of eggs. The event runs 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., and the usual admission fees apply.
- Kool April Nites runs next week, the 15th through the 19th. Click here to read all about it.
- Agatha Christie’s “…And Then There Were None” is still playing at the Riverfront Playhouse, to excellent reviews. Writers Forum of Northern California is hosting a special buyout night with refreshments on April 15. Tickets are $20 each. To get tickets, call George Winship at 242-1107 or Larry Watters at 227-6669.
- Mark your calendars for April 17-18, when Shasta College presents the Choreographers’ Collaboration dance performance, which includes a guest appearance by the Redding City Ballet. The performances, at 7:30 p.m. each night at the college’s theatre, are $7 general admission and $5 for seniors/students.
- Hester Vanderpool of Shasta Lake has been named KIXE-TV’s “Volunteer of the Year.” Congrats!
Tips appreciated: Send news tidbits to email@example.com.