Numbers from Sunday and Monday from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: March 23, 2021
Statistics from March 21 and 22, 2021
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 11,199
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 5
In Isolation: 102 (estimate)
Active Cases: 107 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Sunday and Monday: 4 Sunday, 16 Monday
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 0
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 29.1%
Released from Isolation to Date: 10,892
Newly Received Negative Tests : 227
Number of Tests in the Past 14 Days (+ and -): 7,216
Total Tests: 173,043
• We had 20 cases Sunday and Monday, including 6 men and 14 women:
– 2 children under 13
– 2 people in their 20s
– 3 people in their 30s
– 4 people in their 40s
– 1 people in their 50s
– 5 people in their 60s
– 2 people in their 70s
– 1 person over age 89
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. He was a man in his 60s.
• Shasta County remains in the red tier, and our case rate and positivity rate both dropped again this week. Our adjusted case rate dropped from 5.0 to 4.5 daily cases per 100,000 residents. The
unadjusted case rate is also 4.5. Our positivity rate decreased from 2.0% to 1.8%. Let’s keep our
numbers moving down! Please continue to wear your mask in public, keep your distance, get tested regularly and get vaccinated when it’s your turn.
• For the first time since October 17, no one is in the intensive care unit with COVID. Keeping our case numbers down protects our more vulnerable residents from severe illness that can lead to hospitalization and death.
• Appointments are available now for first-dose clinics this week. They are:
– Shasta College (Moderna): Thursday, March 25 by appointment.
– Shasta College (Pfizer): Friday, March 26, by appointment.
– Rite Aid, 975 Cypress Ave. (Pfizer): Saturday, March 27 and Sunday, March 28 by appointment.
– You can also sign up at MyTurn – appointments are available now, and if you’re not eligible, the
system will let you know when you are. Learn more at www.ShastaReady.org, click on “Vaccinations.”