Yesterday’s numbers from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: February 5, 2021
Statistics from February 4, 2021
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 10,632
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 21
In Isolation: 241 (estimate)
Active Cases: 262 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Thursday: 59
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 3
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 24.4%
Released from Isolation to Date: 10,209
Negative Tests Thursday: 886
Number of Tests in the Past 14 Days (+ and -): 7,344
Total Tests: 143,292
• We had 59 cases Thursday, including 32 men and 27 women:
– 4 children under age 13
– 5 teenagers
– 8 people in their 20s
– 7 people in their 30s
– 7 people in their 40s
– 12 people in their 50s
– 8 people in their 60s
– 4 people in their 70s
– 1 people in their 80s
– 3 person over age 89
• We are sorry to report 4 deaths today. They were two men in their 60s, a man in his 70s and a woman in her 80s.
• If you received your first COVID-19 shot during the mass vaccination clinic on January 16 in Redding, you can get your second dose Saturday, Feb. 13, at the Shasta District Fairgrounds in Anderson. This will be a drive-through clinic. Please arrive by last name: A-G, 10-11:30 a.m.; H-M, 11:30-1 p.m.; N-S, 1-2:30 p.m.; and T-Z, 2:30-4 p.m. Your CDC card that shows the date of your first vaccine is required. Other second dose options will be available soon.
• Gathering virtually or with the people you live with is the safest way to celebrate the Super Bowl this year. If you do have a small gathering with people who don’t live with you, outdoors is safer than indoors. Here are some ideas:
– Host a virtual Super Bowl watch party.
– Make appetizers or snacks with the people you live with to enjoy while watching the game.
– Start a text group with other fans to chat about the game while watching.
– Attend an outdoor viewing party where viewers can sit 6 feet apart.
• All three state COVID testing sites accept both walk-ins and appointments. These locations are Shasta College (Monday through Friday), the Boggs Building at 2420 Breslauer Way (Tuesday through Saturday) and the Senior Center at 2290 Benton Drive (Tuesday through Saturday). Hours are 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. If you prefer to make an appointment, go to
https://lhi.care/covidtesting or call (866) 284-8788.