Today’s update from Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: January 29, 2021
Statistics from January 28, 2021
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 10,333
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 32
In Isolation: 298 (estimate)
Active Cases: 330 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Thursday: 52
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 2
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 47.9%
Released from Isolation to Date: 9,861
Negative Tests Thursday: 569
Number of Tests in the Past 14 Days (+ and -): 7,291
Total Tests: 138,696
• We had 52 cases Thursday, including 22 men and 30 women:
– 8 children under age 13
– 7 teenagers
– 7 people in their 20s
– 6 people in their 30s
– 4 people in their 40s
– 5 people in their 50s
– 8 people in their 60s
– 3 people in their 70s
– 4 people in their 80s
• We are sorry to report 4 deaths today. They were a woman in her 70s, a man in his 70s and two women over age 89.
• Vaccine update:
– Who? People in Phase 1A (healthcare workers, long-term care facilities, workers in emergency
services) and people 75 and older. Vaccine supply is still extremely limited.
– How? Click the blue oval labeled “Tell me when it’s my turn” and complete the short survey. If you don’t have Internet access, call (530) 245-7890 to get on the list. Public Health will call or email you when they have an appointment available for you. It may be several weeks before you are contacted.
• On February 3 and 24, HHSA’s regular online media briefing will take place from 11:00 to 11:30 a.m., with an opportunity for public Q and A from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. You can watch the briefing in real time on Shasta County HHSA’s Facebook page. To ask a question, submit it via email to COVID19@co.shasta.ca.us with the subject line, “Question for Town Hall Meeting.” Written questions will be asked aloud and answered by health officials. Additionally, the Shasta County Board of Supervisors Chambers will be open for individuals who wish to voice their question via teleconference. Capacity in the chambers is limited and face coverings are required
except when exempted by state order. Briefings are recorded and posted on www.ShastaReady.org.