Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
Tuesday’s numbers from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY:
Total Confirmed Cases: 9,283
Confirmed Cases Tuesday 1/12/2021: 136
Negative Tests Tuesday 1/12/2021: 814
Negative Tests To Date: 116,871
Total Tests to Date: 126,154
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 53
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 6
Available ICU Capacity: *(see below)
In Isolation: 638 (estimate)
Active Cases: 691 (estimate)
Released from Isolation to Date: 8,486
Total Deaths: 106
• We had 136 cases on Tuesday, including 52 men, 81 women and 3 people of unknown gender:
– 7 children under age 13
– 7 teenagers
– 22 people in their 20s
– 22 people in their 30s
– 19 people in their 40s
– 18 people in their 50s
– 20 people in their 60s
– 9 people in their 70s
– 9 people in their 80s
– 2 people over age 89
– 1 person of unknown age
• We are sorry to have to report three deaths today. They were three men in their 70s.
• * Yesterday’s available regional ICU capacity number was likely incorrect due to a data entry error from an out-of-county hospital. The state is investigating the error and has not provided an updated number today.
• This report includes a weekly update to our total case numbers, as we have been conducting case investigations to correct reported cases that were duplicates or out-of-county records.
• Gov. Gavin Newsom announced today that people 65 and older will be moved up to Phase 1B, Tier 1 in California. Shasta County is vaccinating people in Phase 1A Tiers 1 and 2 right now, and is moving into Tier 3. We are not ready to move into Phase 1B yet, but are working on those plans now and will share more information as it becomes available. Learn more about the vaccine rollout plan at www.ShastaReady.org; click on “Vaccinations.”