Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
Numbers from Sunday and Monday, from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY:
Total Confirmed Cases: 9,315
Confirmed Cases Sunday 1/10 and Monday 1/11/2021: 67 Sunday, 121 Monday
Negative Tests Sunday 1/10 and Monday 1/11/2021: 450
Negative Tests To Date: 116,057
Total Tests to Date: 125,372
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 52
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 6
Available ICU Capacity: 17.6%
In Isolation: 674 (estimate)
Active Cases: 726 (estimate)
Released from Isolation to Date: 8,486
Total Deaths: 103
• We had 188 cases on Sunday and Monday, including 86 men, 100 women and 2 people of unknown gender:
– 5 children under age 13
– 13 teenagers
– 27 people in their 20s
– 27 people in their 30s
– 31 people in their 40s
– 32 people in their 50s
– 20 people in their 60s
– 15 people in their 70s
– 14 people in their 80s
– 3 people over age 89
– 1 person of unknown age
• We are sorry to have to report two deaths today. They were a woman in her 60s and a man in his 70s.
• Shasta County remains in the purple (“widespread”) tier. Our adjusted case rate increased from 34.1 to 48.3 daily cases per 100,000 residents. The unadjusted case rate is 43.8, but was
adjusted up because the county’s per capita testing volume is lower than the state average. Our positivity rate increased from 7.6% to 9.4%. Find more data at www.ShastaReady.org; click on “Data and Statistics.”
• Vaccine is now available to In Home Supportive Services providers who provide services outside of their home and have multiple clients, and to Community Health Workers who do hands-on, direct patient care and do not work for a health center or hospital where they can receive vaccination in one of two ways:
– Make an appointment by clicking the link to one of the following Safeway stores (please do not call the stores): Safeway at 2275 Pine Street, Redding, Safeway at 1070 E. Cypress Ave., Redding, Safeway at 2601 Balls Ferry Road, Anderson or Safeway at 37264 Main St., Burney.
– Attend a drive-through vaccine clinic Saturday at Benton Airpark in Redding. Hours: 9 to 11:30 a.m. for last names A-M, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for last names N-Z. Please bring identification, proof of employment as an IHSS worker or Community Health Worker, and completed pre-registration forms.