The latest numbers provided by Shasta County Health & Human Services.
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY:
Total Confirmed Cases: 8,060
Confirmed Cases Wednesday 12/29/2020: 137
Negative Tests Wednesday 12/29/2020: 969
Negative Tests To Date: 107,907
Total Tests to Date: 115,967
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County: 39
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 6
Available ICU Capacity: 34.1%
In Isolation: 397 (estimate)
Active Cases: 436 (estimate)
Released from Isolation to Date: 7,546
Total Deaths: 78
• We had 137 cases on Wednesday, including 49 men, 87 women and 1 person of unknown gender:
– 3 children under age 13
– 4 teenagers
– 26 people in their 20s
– 19 people in their 30s
– 27 people in their 40s
– 18 people in their 50s
– 17 people in their 60s
– 13 people in their 70s
– 6 people in their 80s
– 3 people over age 89
– 1 person of unknown age
• We are sorry to report five deaths today. They are a woman in her 30s, a man in his 50s, two men in their 70s and a woman in her 80s.
• The state’s disease reporting system had an issue yesterday that caused data to be incomplete. Today’s total number is a readjustment, as some cases were not included in yesterday’s count.
• Are you a California small business owner in need of economic relief? The state’s Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program is designed to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The $500 million program covers a wide range of expenses incurred as a result of the pandemic. Grants range from $5,000 to $25,000. Applications are due Jan. 8. Learn more at www.CAReliefgrant.com.
• The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted our lives in profound ways. Feelings of frustration, stress and worry are normal responses when times are uncertain. Talking it out with someone can make all the difference. Cal HOPE peer counselors have been through difficult situations and are available to listen. Call the California HOPE Warmline at 1-833-317-HOPE (4673) for COVID-19 specific, non-emergency support, from 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• County offices will be closed on New Year’s Day. The next daily update will be issued Jan. 4, 2021.