The latest numbers from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: December 17, 2020
Statistics from December 16, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 7,000
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 72
In Isolation: 456 (estimate)
Active Cases: 528 (estimate)
Confirmed Cases Wednesday: 73
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 13
Available Regional ICU Capacity: 25.8%
Released from Isolation to Date: 6,407
Negative Tests Wednesday: 685
Negative Tests to Date: 97,849
Total Tests: 104,849
• We had 73 cases on Wednesday, including 32 men and 41 women:
4 children under age 13
9 people in their 20s
12 people in their 30s
9 people in their 40s
17 people in their 50s
6 people in their 60s
6 people in their 70s
3 people in their 80s
2 people over age 89
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a man in his 80s.
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19 and same-day appointments are often available. Average turnaround time for tests at the state testing sites is now between 2 and 3 days. Testing not only lets you know your current COVID status, but it also brings down our positivity rate and increases our testing volume, which can help us get into a lower tier. Go to ShastaReady.org and click on “Get tested,” or go directly to https://lhi.care/covidtesting to access state testing.
• Traveling to see friends and family during the holiday could increase your risk of infection and spread COVID19 in your community. The state’s travel advisory prohibits non-essential travel. Please continue to stay at home as much as possible, and when you must leave home, wear your face covering, keep your distance and wash your hands frequently. Find fun, safe ways to celebrate the holidays at ShastaReady.org – click “COVID19,” then “Celebrating the Holidays More Safely.”
• You have the power to help your friends, family and community by joining CA Notify, California’s exposure notification system. When you activate CA Notify and you have Bluetooth on, you will only receive alerts if you were in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, and that person also has CA Notify on. Your privacy is protected, as CA Notify does not gather your name, contact information, location, or the identity of the people you meet. Learn more at https://canotify.ca.gov.