Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
Latest numbers from Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: November 18, 2020
Statistics from November 17, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 3,570
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 26
In Isolation: *
Active Cases: *
Confirmed Cases Tuesday: 110
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 3
In Quarantine: *
Released from Isolation to Date: *
Negative Tests Tuesday: 2,483
Negative Tests to Date: 77,591
Total Tests: 81,161
• We had 110 new cases on Tuesday, including 45 men, 64 women and one unknown gender/age:
2 children under age 13
19 people in their 20s
23 people in their 30s
17 people in their 40s
23 people in their 50s
12 people in their 60s
5 people in their 70s
1 person in their 80s
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a woman in her 70s.
• *Due to high case counts and delays in lab reporting, public health is unable to provide timely education to all COVID-19 cases in our community, and therefore, we do not have an accurate count of people who are on isolation or quarantine. People who test positive should self-isolate and notify their close contacts. Instructions can be found at ShastaReady.org under “Quarantine and Isolation.”
• This report represents an update to our total case numbers, as we have been conducting case investigations to correct reported cases that were duplicates, people who live in another county, or people who were previously counted but later turned out not to be a case.
• Home for the holidays has a new meaning this year. There’s no perfectly safe way for people from multiple households to gather, family or not. But you can reduce the risk and still have safe and joyful celebrations, even though they look a little different. Hop on FaceTime with the grandparents, or do a virtual dinner party with friends. Go to www.ShastaReady.org for more ideas on redesigning your holiday celebrations. Let’s share memories, not germs, this holiday season.