Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
Today’s update from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: September 25, 2020
Statistics from September 24, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 777
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 6
In Isolation: 59
Active Cases: 65
Confirmed Cases Thursday: 18
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 2
In Quarantine: 196
Released from Isolation to Date: 695
Negative Tests Thursday: 624
Negative Tests to Date: 44,729
Total Tests: 45,506
• We had 18 new cases on Thursday. Seventeen had symptoms and none are hospitalized. They are:
Four teenage girls and one teenage boy
One woman and two men in their 20s
One woman and one man in their 30s
Two women and one man in their 40s
One woman and two men in their 50s
One woman and one man in their 60s
• We are sorry to have to report a death today. The patient was a man in his 80s.
• Unfortunately, our numbers have been higher than usual this week. If you work around vulnerable people or live in close quarters with others, please be mindful of COVID prevention measures at all times. This is a very contagious disease and when you live or work in close proximity to others, you can easily spread it if you have it, and we often don’t know we have it right away.
• More than 80 percent of our cases this week have been in people who have symptoms, so if you are sick, even a little bit, stay home.
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19 and same-day appointments are often available for people with and without symptoms. Go to ShastaReady.org and click “Get tested” to find the best option for you.
Resources: Website: www.ShastaReady.org Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Cooperating Agencies: Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center, Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District, Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center