Total Confirmed Cases: 42
Confirmed Cases Today: 0
Total Tests to Date: 5696
In Isolation: 6
In Quarantine: 18
Total Deaths: 4
Negative Public / Private Lab Tests: 5654
Currently Hospitalized in Shasta County:
0 Shasta County residents
1 non-Shasta County resident
• Shasta County has no new positive cases.
• New guidance was released that paves the way for more businesses and industries to reopen with modifications. Statewide, guidance was released for schools, child care, day camps, casinos operated by sovereign tribal nations, film/TV/music production, and professional sports without an audience. Shasta County’s variance also allows for these businesses to open with modifications: Campgrounds, RV parks and outdoor recreation; hotels; cardrooms, satellite wagering facilities and racetracks; family entertainment centers, such as batting cages, bowling alleys and miniature golf; bars and wineries; fitness facilities; museums, galleries, zoos and aquariums, including Turtle Bay; and pools associated with gyms, hotels and campgrounds.
• The state recommends that businesses listed above use the time between now and June 12 to get their plans ready, but if a business falls into one of these categories and they have a plan, have trained their staff and are ready to implement that plan, Shasta County Health Officer Karen Ramstrom has given permission to open.
• The Health and Human Services Agency has been working on a dashboard that will communicate the county’s current COVID-19 status to the public. This will be a tool for individuals to make decisions about personal risks, as well as a decision-making tool for HHSA.
• Now that people are spending more time in public, we encourage everyone to get tested for COVID-19. If you have symptoms, contact your healthcare provider or call Shasta County Public Health at (530) 225-5591. If you don’t have symptoms, go to https://lhi.care/covidtesting. Appointments are required.
Live maps: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map
Unified Command Agencies: Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency, CalFire, Shasta County Sheriff
City of Redding
City of Anderson
City of Shasta Lake
Mercy Medical Center Redding
Shasta Regional Medical Center
Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center
Shasta Community Health Center
Mountain Valleys Health Centers
Mayers Memorial Hospital District