Traditional cowboy performer Sourdough Slim performs tonight (8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 5) at Bernie’s Guitar (3086 Bechelli Lane, 223-2040) in Redding. Sourdough’s show always promises a lot of laughs and he’s a yodeler deluxe (he won the 2001 Will Rogers Award for Yodeler of the Year).
He performs with instrumentalist Bob Armstrong in the Oaksongs Society sponsored show. Tickets are $18.
The society’s next show features bluegrass guitar wizard Jim Hurst on Feb. 20, then Banjo Bill Evans and former Redding resident Megan Lynch (what a fiddler!) on March 12.
The Shasta College International Film Series kicks off at 7 p.m. tonight in Room 802 on the southeast side of campus. Tonight’s film is "The Band’s Visit" a 2007 film from Israel.
The popular series is FREE and discussions are held for those interested following the films.
Here’s the remainder of the series:
• 2/19 Absurdistan (Russian/Germany, 2008)
• 3/5 The Counterfeiters (Germany, 2007)
• 3/19 Twilight Samurai (Japan, 2002)
• 4/9 Kinamand (Denmark, 2005)
• 4/23 Silent Waters (Pakistan, 2003)
• 5/7 Ladrón Que Roba a Ladrón (U.S., 2007)
• 5/21 Viva Cuba (Cuba, 2005)
For more information, e-mail Leo Fong at email@example.com.