1. Avatar Steve Brewer says:

I did a lot of rock-climbing. Thirty years ago.

2. Avatar Erin Friedman says:

Being a performing songwriter — I know, it's a wimpy answer and it doesn't sound very adventurous. But having spent the first several decades of my life with paralysing stage-fright, it feels adventurous to me.

3. Doni Greenberg Doni Greenberg says:

Joined Bruce on a hot air balloon ride despite my fear of heights.

4. Avatar Natalie says:

I got married!

5. Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

Adventurous or dumb? I guess that depends on the outcome, now doesn't it.
    Adam and I started a gallery in Sacramento. We started with $3000 and crossed fingers. It was a huge success and we loved the experience but we put in 18 hour days for ages. It was crazy fun!

I've had a few adventures in my day and am feeling a bit old and stodgy lately. I think I need a new adventure. Something where there's no way of knowing the outcome. Something where real chances are taken. Something where the growth you make is determined by the chances you take.

6. Avatar Grammalyn says:

Volunteered at the San Francisco Zoo, and many of the tasks were quite adventurous. Pulling a sleeping kinkajou out of his bed was one that scared the daylights out of me on a regular basis.

• Avatar Troy Hawkins says:

What the heck is a kinkajou?

• Avatar Grammalyn says:

It is also called a honey bear. It is a nocturnal animal about the size of a cat, with a long tail and very sharp teeth. His enclosure was up high, and the trick was to grab and scoop him quickly before he woke up enough to bite you.

7. Avatar Beth says:

Left a 27-year-old marriage and a life in the Deep South and moved to California where I knew almost no one. Best thing I ever did.

8. Avatar Viki says:

The summer of my junior year of high school I got on a Greyhound bus and travelled to Seattle Washington to spend time with my brother and his wife and then I spent 2 weeks with a cousin I had only met once.

I know this doesn't sound all that adventuresome, but I had never been anywhere by myself before so it was a pretty big deal to me.

9. Avatar Anita says:

I took a Zodiac (BIG rubber raft ) ride in Hawaii. I do not swim and I am not "one with the water" so to speak. The real adventure was that this was the ONLY one that went out that day because it was raining pretty hard and the waves were huge !! I think our guides must have needed money that day and we certainly needed some common sense because none of us should have been out there. It turned out ok. though and I have a story to tell now.

10. Avatar Bruce Greenberg says:

A 280 mile, 21 day kayak/raft float on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.

I was new at kayaking and had no idea what I was getting into. Fortunately, My friends were professional river guides and saved my life more than once.

I would highly recommend a professionally guided trip down the Colorado for anyone who likes high adrenaline water sport adventures.

11. Avatar Mitch Houghton says:

Talking to Prius owners and then borrowing $30,000 against my house a creating Visormates to go on 85% of all cars sold in America.