Do you appreciate posts like this? We'd welcome your support as a subscriber. Sincerely, publisher Doni Chamberlain
Latest numbers from Shasta County HHSA.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: November 20, 2020
Statistics from November 19, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 3,897
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 38
In Isolation: *
Active Cases: *
Confirmed Cases Thursday: 178
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 7
In Quarantine: *
Released from Isolation to Date: *
Negative Tests Thursday: *
Negative Tests to Date: *
Total Tests: *
• We had 178 new cases on Thursday, including 76 men, 101 women and one person of unknown age/gender:
11 children under age 13
44 people in their 20s
28 people in their 30s
30 people in their 40s
17 people in their 50s
14 people in their 60s
11 people in their 70s
5 people in their 80s
• *Due to high case counts and delays in lab reporting, we do not have an accurate count of people who are on isolation or quarantine. People who test positive should self-isolate and notify their close contacts. Instructions can be found at www.ShastaReady.org under “Quarantine and Isolation Instructions.”
• **The state is still updating the system it uses to collect negative test results, so we don’t have access to current numbers today.
• Your COVID risk doesn’t stop when you leave work. Being cautious at work and casual at home undermines your efforts to keep your family, friends, coworkers, and customers from getting sick. Practice COVID prevention measures on and off the clock to protect yourself and your loved ones.
• Home for the holidays has a new meaning this year. There’s no perfectly safe way for people from multiple households to gather, family or not. But you can reduce the risk and still have safe and joyful celebrations, even though they look a little different. Hop on FaceTime with the grandparents, or do a virtual dinner party with friends. Go to www.ShastaReady.org for more ideas on redesigning your holiday celebrations. Let’s share memories, not germs, this holiday season.