Today’s update from Shasta County Health & Human Services.
COVID-19 INCIDENT UPDATE: August 6, 2020
INCIDENT FACTS AND SUMMARY
Total Confirmed Cases: 411
Hospitalized in Shasta County: 7
In Isolation: 39
Active Cases: 46
Confirmed Cases 8/5/2020: 7
Currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 3
In Quarantine: 311
Released from Isolation to Date: 356
Negative Tests 8/5/2020: 74
Negative Tests to Date: 22,859
Total Tests: 23,270
• We had 7 new cases on Wednesday. Six had symptoms, one is still under investigation, and one is hospitalized.
One man in his 20s
One woman in her 40s
One man in his 40s
Two women in their 50s
One man in his 60s
One man in his 70s
• By the numbers: Contact tracing is a valuable public health tool to contain outbreaks. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 incident, 84 people who were originally quarantined (because they were close contacts of a patient) were later moved to isolation because they tested positive for COVID-19. These people could have been unknowingly spreading the virus if they were not identified through the contact tracing process. Learn more about isolation, quarantine and contact tracing at ShastaReady.org.
• People on quarantine must stay at home until they reach the end of their order and they are confirmed to be released, even if they have received a negative test result.
• The number of tests that we are reporting today is most likely an undercount, due to the data reporting hallenges at the state level that were shared earlier this week. There is still no anticipated time for this to be corrected.
• Anyone can be tested for COVID-19. Go to ShastaReady.org and click on “Get tested” to find out the best option for you.
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, CAL FIRE/Shasta County Fire Department, City of Redding, City of Anderson, City of Shasta Lake, Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center, Shasta Community Health Center,
Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Mayers Memorial Hospital District, Hill Country Community Clinic, Shingletown Medical Center