Pious People Blasted President Clinton, Yet Defend Morally Bankrupt President Trump

Frustrated, disappointed, angry, astonished.

All these things I feel about the impeachment trial currently underway.

You see, I remember. I remember when Clinton was impeached and I was of a very different mindset. I attended a small, local, nondenominational church twice on Sunday and once in the middle of the week. I sat in Bethel’s sanctuary a couple of times back then. I voted how I was raised.

And those I voted for, those whose words seemed tied to the ideal of the American Dream, spoke of honor and morals and truth. They mentioned these values with honey-dripped tongues, as if they held them up themselves in their lives. They publicly chastised a man and embarrassed his young daughter in the name of higher principles. They said his behavior was unbecoming of a President.

I bought every criticism of the man and seethed with equal disgust at each mentioned indiscretion.

I hollered “Amen” when my pastor rallied on about keeping our nation upright. I vigorously nodded in agreement at each proverbial cursed arrow hurled in the direction of the Clintons and even signed my own name to a few. I lamented with my brothers and sisters at the state of our nation’s degradation and believed we were in dire straits if a lying president was not brought to justice.

Then, in a moment of heretical self-reflection, I took my eye from the pinhole camera of religion and Fox news and looked at the wider world. Eventually I came around to the ability to sift lies from truth. Eventually I understood the difference between more valid journalistic resources and nefarious propaganda machines. Eventually I realized I couldn’t stay where I was, either politically or religiously, continuing to contort my mind around false narratives and pious pontification.

That was fifteen-ish years ago. Today, I am frustrated, disappointed, angry, astonished.

You see, this time around I’ve been hearing the same sound bites from the same people who held up the notion of piety to Clinton and finally just rubbed his face in it.

I’m frustrated because those who stand on the soapbox of righteousness now defend a man whose morals defy all that Jesus ever taught, after they nitpicked over every salacious detail of Clinton’s adulterous activity.

I am disappointed that my naive, idealistic young self didn’t see the facade for what it is: a happy families picture that hides dirt and grime and lies and betrayal.

I’m angry that currently those same congressmen and pastors are making excuse after excuse to justify Trump’s  behavior that neither would tolerate if the same was exhibited by a president with the letter ‘D’ after their name.

I am astonished that those who pounded the desk of justice and preached about the sanctity of our judicial system three presidents ago refuse to revere that system today, and make a mockery of it by walking out of the proceedings, reading during them, or causing distractions like one of my favorite, yet trying, sixth graders.

The oaths they took meant nothing, and we all knew it. The hypocrisy is blatant, we all smell it. Justice is being aborted, each one of us a witness.

But no matter my frustration, disappointment, anger, and astonishment, I call and write encouraging our senators to uphold their constitutional duty by listening to, and weighing the evidence, including witnesses. They are, after all, on my payroll.

I challenge you each to do the same if your frustration, disappointment, anger and astonishment is similar.

“Because in America, right matters. Truth matters. If not, no constitution can protect us. If not, we are lost.”Rep. Adam Schiff.

Valerie Anderson
Cottonwood, CA

If you appreciate being able to read posts like this one, and want to ensure ANC's ability to provide more content like this, please click here to demonstrate your support and become a paid subscriber.

1. Avatar Bruce Vojtecky says:

One of my Facebook friends from Cheyenne, Rodger McDaniel, is a pastor, you could call him pious, I don’t think he would be offended. He has written history books, has been a state legislator and is the complete opposite of how you describe pious people. He and his flock abhor Trump and cannot do enough to educate people about Trump’s immoral presidency. Today, Sunday, Pastor McDaniel is talking about his recent trip to the southern border and the tragedies happening there. He doesn’t post about happenings from thousand of miles away but actually goes to where he is talking about.

2. Avatar Patrecia Barrett says:

Excellent article. The lies, excuse-making, and undeserved praise by the religious “right” on behalf of this thoroughly corrupt, conscience-less president are hypocritical in the extreme (with the leaders of its most high-profile local representative, Bethel mega-church, among those leading this obscene love-fest on the national stage).

Of course this is all about the special priviledges and power this president is giving religious fundamentalists at everyone else’s expense, through his endless appointments of God-in-government fanatics to head nearly every federal agency and commission, and his promotion of laws that deprive entire groups these people hate of hard-won human rights.

3. Avatar Cindy Ellsmore says:

Thank you Valerie, well said.

4. Avatar Bruce Vojtecky says:

With “Hillary” debuting at Sundance and “American Crime;Impeachment” coming out this fall there may be a different take on President Clinton. Clinton and Trump are both immoral presidents and Clinton doesn’t deserve a pass because he is the least embarrassing of the two. Both should be equally despised.

• Avatar Patrecia Barrett says:

Bruce,

As much as I detest the Clintons, I’d disagree with your assessment. Clinton was just a philanderer. He didn’t attempt to compromise national security, destabilize an entire region of the world, blackmail a foreign government, or create a mafia-type shadow government in order to dig up non-existent dirt on a main political rival and influence an election in his favor. Clinton simply lied to cover up an affair.

5. Avatar Doug Cook says:

Here are a few differences, Valerie. Clinton wasn’t impeached for having a sexual relationship with a young intern. He was impeached for perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice. Those are actual crimes, unlike the weak charges against President Trump which are not crimes. The other difference is that the House vote against Clinton was a bipartisan vote of 258–176.

It is difficult to avoid hypocrisy. I’m sure you agreed with President Obama on most things. But did you ignore it when he was the one that built ‘cages’ for illegal immigrants? Or did you accept that they were called ‘detention centers’ back then? Were you out on the streets protesting when President Obama ramped up the drone program in the Middle East and caused the deaths of many innocent civilians? Or took out an American citizen? I doubt it.

You mentioned Fox News…what news source do you use now? Please don’t tell me MSNBC of CNN. It was CNN that just settled with the Covington teen for an undisclosed amount of money for false reporting. It was NBC’s Brian Williams that was fired for lying, and I can go on and on about others that got disciplined or fired on these left leaning broadcasts.

You said, “…Justice is being aborted, each one of us a witness.” That seems a bit odd to me. So far, all we have heard is the prosecution’s case. The defense has of yet been locked out of any proceedings. They finally get their chance Monday. I mentioned the other day that I have been a juror on criminal trials. The last one I was on, a Deputy Coroner who was accused of stealing guns from dead people’s homes. After listening to the prosecuter’s case. I was convinced that this guy was guilty as hell. I was ready to convict. But of course, you have to hear the entire case, including the defense. I eventually voted for acquittal after hearing the defense. Are you willing to do that to? Are you willing to listen with an open mind to the defense? I have my doubts that you will. I’m not sure why you exhibit, according to you…frustration, disappointment, anger and astonishment. Sounds like to me you have already convicted the man with only half of the case layed out.

Finally, your quote by Rep Schiff made me chuckle. Schiff has lied repeatedly throughout the Trump administration. It was Schiff who insisted all along that FBI officials did not abuse the FISA courts or hide information from judges. We now know that was a lie. A few of the other lies on Schiff’s list include his repeated false claims that there was “significant evidence of collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia, saying he had proof. Or his retracted claim that neither he nor his committee ever had contact with the Trump-Ukraine whistleblower. So don’t trot Schiff out as a honest broker. He has lied throughout this whole process.

• Steve Towers Steve Towers says:

…hummina hummina hummina hummina hummina hummina hummina hummina hummina…

• Avatar christian gardinier says:

Cook’s statement is about as convoluted and false as a tRump tweet. In actuality the tRumpublican mind of hours st. And savior can do no wrong mindset is frankly depressing on some levels but is in fact alarming and dangerous at all Constitutional levels Sorry Mr. Cook, article 2 of The Constitution does not make Trump a monarch or a king and drinking the tRumpublican Kool-Aid will only get us one step closer to fascism.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

Give me one example of what I said is false in my comment.You accuse me of drinking Republican or Trump Kool-aid and that supposedly will get us closer to fascism. Which is ridiculous. How about drinking your left wing Kool-Aid. Is that any better? Your Kool-Aid is ok, but mine is not? Why? Why can’t you listen to the defense, and then and only then make a determination if Trump is guilty. All we have heard is one side of a very weak case. I get it…you don’t like Trump, that doesn’t mean it is worthy of impeaching him. Here is a good idea, Christian…you don’t like Trump, find a candidate that can beat him. So far you all have been doing a miserable job of that.

• Avatar christian gardinier says:

“Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man,” Trump tweeted Sunday morning. “He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country! That’s your president… Over 15,000 lies so far, makes sexist and racist comments and the vast majority polled say he did wrong, that the American people should hear witnesses in this trial, and a majority say he should be removed from office! Also, right now he loses to Democratic candidates and by the way, he lost the election by 3 million votes! But, why argue…as he said, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and his base wouldn’t care and I’m thinking you Mr. Cook are one of them. The right has been looking for a white nationalist, sexist to support for a long time and the 1% need to put America in record debt because they just don’t have enough money… Even though 10% of the wealthy white own more than the bottom 80% all put together! So know one will ever change your mind Mr. Cook, it’s the independent voters I hope will see that the greed, sexism, racism, Putin loving and lying 3rd grader is a phoney fraudulent fool is not their candidate in 2020. Anyway, we will never agree but I hope we can at least agree to disagree…

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

No Christian, Trump did not lose the election. That is the crux of your hatred for the president. You think he stole the election, you think Bush stole the election. News flash, sir…we do not elect our presidents by popular vote. Trump won because you nominated the worst candidate possible. Clinton lost the election, simple as that.
            No…Trump is not losing to all Democrat candidates. The prevailing wisdom is that Trump will win handily against any of the leading candidates. Your other far left talking points are just as silly.

By the way, I asked you for an example of a false statement in my comment that you accused me of. You seemed to have ignored my request. Would you care to clarify what I said was false?

• Steve Towers Steve Towers says:

Doug “The Hannity Recap” Cook accusing others of parroting talking points. LMFAO. (If he responds, it’ll be to deny he watches Fox News. Ha ha ha ha ha! As predictable as an atomic clock.)

Doug sez: “News flash, sir…we do not elect our presidents by popular vote.”

It takes an incredible level of political naivety to believe that failure to win a plurality of the vote isn’t significant. Most Americans didn’t think Trump should have been POTUS in the first place. Most Americans—more than half—think Trump should be removed from office for his crimes. Not for stealing the election….for his CRIMES.

Doug sez: “The prevailing wisdom is that Trump will win handily against any of the leading candidates.”

Doug doesn’t seem to know what “prevailing wisdom” means. Imagine my surprise.

• Steve Towers Steve Towers says:

Doug is incapable of seeing that Trump did anything worthy of harsh criticism regarding the Ukrainian “drug deal” (as John Bolton put described it), let alone impeachment and removal from office. He’s so rabidly partisan that he can’t see straight.

I’m fine with admitting that Bill Clinton committed perjury when he lied about having a sexual affair, and that his perjury was a crime. I remain mystified why it was any of Ken Starr’s business to look into Clinton having an extramarital affair. I also don’t think that particular perjury was a crime worthy of throwing him out of office. It wasn’t a matter of national security. It wasn’t even of any domestic importance. It was just a case of political “gotcha” regarding a lie told to avoid embarrassment and hurt.

Republicans have pretty much admitted that Trump did it—he illegally withheld aid to a strategic ally, seeking assurance that Ukraine would announce an investigation into his political opponent. Seventeen witnesses testified to that effect. It’s clear that almost everyone around him tried to talk him out of it, to no avail. He didn’t give up on the scheme until he got caught, and then he gave it up immediately.

A POTUS asked a foreign power to interfere in our elections. Hell, he stood on the White House lawn and asked both Ukraine and China to interfere in our next election. The GOP defense is a combination of (1) so what? (2) the end justify the means, and (3) South Park’s Chewbacca Defense (worth looking up).

Democratic senators want witness testimony and documents because they know Trump is guilty as sin. Republican senators don’t want witness testimony and documents because they know Trump is guilty as sin. Only Doug and Trump’s other fawning sycophants remain unconvinced of his guilt.

• Avatar christian gardinier says:

Steve, you nailed it. Can’t wait to hear from the mustache! Clinton impeachment had lots of witnesses and docs. tRump and his tRumpublicans have admitted he did it, all they can try argue is he has the right to do it… American majority don’t agree. This impeachment is showing most Americans that we have found the witch and the trial is making tRumpublicans show their two faced hipocery out of gear that if they don’t, tRump will kick their … Please let Me Cook know this…
          The poll found that 52 percent of voters would choose Sanders and 43 percent Trump, giving the veteran senator a nine-point lead. Next was former vice president Joe Biden at 50 percent to Trump’s 43 percent, a seven-point lead.Michael Bloomberg, the media and financial data billionaire, also led Trump by seven points at 49 percent to 42 percent. Democratic Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren leads Trump 48 percent to 45 percent, a three-point advantage.

Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is also ahead of Trump by three points, at 47 percent to 44 percent. The tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang is ahead of Trump by two points, at 46 percent to 44 percent…. And it’s about to get worse for the Orange One…

6. Avatar Anita Brady says:

Schiff isn’t President. What about the more than 15,000 provable lies by the Orange Cockwomble? Including written ones to the Special Counsel? Those Ok?

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

Schiff is the impeachment manager for the House, so yes…I believe him telling multiple lies about the case is quite relevant.

7. Avatar Larry Winter says:

Doug, you continue with talking points? “Those are actual crimes, unlike the weak charges against President Trump which are not crimes”

You’ve been shown the GAO report stating that a law was broken by the President. You didn’t deny it, and as a matter of fact, you ignored the evidence, but instead you pushed the Obama did it too with the prisoner exchange. I took that as acknowledging that Trump was guilty too.

Silly me.

Yet you continue to push talking points.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

The GAO had accused many presidents of breaking the law that didn’t meet the level of impeachment. Merely violating a statute doesn’t warrant impeachment. You think this is some silver bullet. It is not.

• Avatar Larry Winter says:

You started out saying in a different thread that it is wrong to impeach for purely political reasons since he didn’t break the law. Now you’re saying that merely breaking a statute (law) doesn’t warrant impeachment.

Around and around we go.

He didn’t need to break a law to be impeached. Misusing the power of his office to coerce a foreign government to, at the minimum, announce an investigation into Biden for Trump’s personal campaign benefit is a corruption that’s impeachable.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

Of course this impeachment is for merely political reasons. There are plenty of Constitutional scholars I have heard from that disagree with GAO’s assessment that President Trump broke the law. We know that President Obama encouraged Russia to back off on their missile system until after the election where Obama would have ‘more flexibility’ . That was done solely for the purpose of helping Obama’s reelection campaign. Was that worthy of impeachment? No, of course not…and neither was this.

• Avatar Larry Winter says:

Big difference between “coerce” and encourage. What did Obama offer Russia in return for what exactly. Where is the “this for that” coercion? Telling the Russians that he can’t deal with them during an election until after he wins doesn’t help him win the election, does it.

• Avatar Kathryn McDonald says:

How many constitutional scholars have you heard from? Who?

8. Avatar Patrecia Barrett says:

Doug Cook,

I don’t have time to address all of the many blatant mis-representations and distortions (I’m trying to avoid the word “lies”, although it would certainly be appropriate) in your post above. However, below are a few “corrections”:

The defense team was NOT “locked out of any proceedings”. In fact Trump himself was personally invited to attend those proceedings. He chose to hide instead.

The number of civilian war deaths under Trump have soared, with a two hundred percent increase over the previous year in his first year alone. Those figures have continued to climb.

No other president has made it standard practice to rip countless children of all ages from their families and force them into substandard concentration camps, through which thousands of them have now been lost.

There is nothing “weak” about Trump’s overwhelmingly proven abuses and corruption. And of course Republicans will aid and abet the Mafia-style Trump Regime in continuing to conceal witnesses and documentation that would further prove Democrat’s case. There will be no “open-mindedness” from Republicans when it comes to impeaching this deranged criminal.

Fox “News” is provably the LEAST truthful of any of the major networks. I noticed that the so-called “Convington teen” wasn’t wearing his MAGA hate hate to this years anti-abortion event, which is an open assault on minorities, numerous other groups, and decent people in general. Neither were his hate hat-wearing fellow classmates standing behind him and throwing around jeers and taunts at the current event. That CNN couldn’t prove the obvious intention of those priviledged intimidators is beside the point.

• Avatar Patrecia Barrett says:

Doug Cook,

In view of the fact that the Electoral College failed in the one thing it’s good for (keeping someone who is clearly mentally and morally unfit out of the Office of the President), Trump should have been immediately impeached under the 25th Amendment. Entire national psychiatric associations and countless other respected mental health professionals pointed out during the campaign that Trump is obviously deranged and without conscience, based on his zillions of demented tweets, open calls to violence, countless lies, and other delusional statements and actions.

As a result of not doing the responsible thing by removing him from office, the country has now suffered through a never-ending series of scandals, crises, considerable violence by Trump supporters (which FAR outweighs anything from the Left), entire industries collapsing, others needing to be bailed out to the tune of tens of Billions of tax dollars, an overwhelming increase in civilian deaths, wages falling, small businesses suffering, the destruction of our international reputation, massive human rights violations, and a phenomenal amount of corruption.

9. Adrienne Jacoby Adrienne Jacoby says:

You guys arguing about impeachment and lies are missing the entire point of Valerie’s article. The crux of her discourse was the hypocritical nature of those who, 15 years ago trumpeted (‘scuse the pun) loud and clear about the importance of the morals of our leaders, then turn around in this cycle and support the leadership of a man who is blatantly and morally bankrupt.

i’m with you Valerie! I just don’t understand it.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

It depends on how you look at it, Adrienne. You can easily reverse your point.. Most Democrats overlooked Clinton’s lack of morality because he was their guy. For years after his impeachment, Clinton was still considered the leader of his party. He was revered by the Democrats. Is it hypocritical? Sure…of course. We are both guilty of that. The Democrats were also willing to overlook Hillary Clinton’s corruption and scandals, and many on the right are willing to overlook the faults of President Trump. That is the nature of politics. There is no perfect candidate out there.

I don’t believe that any of the leading Democrat candidates is what the country needs right now. Does that make me hypocritical? I don’t know. I have to make a choice. I like that the economy is strong, I like that Trump has the willpower to deal with China, which is a much bigger threat than Russia is. I like that he talks about illegal immigration. You really think a Bernie Sanders presidency will be better for the country? Hoo boy.

So yes, Adrienne. most of us are hypocritical…on both the left and right. The left was outraged over the impeachment of Clinton, but are reveling in delight to the impeachment of Trump…and visa versa. Just don’t hold up the Democrats as paragons of morality…y’all are just as muddied as those of us on the right on this subject.

• Avatar Chad Magnuson says:

Democrats were willing to overlook the corruption and scandals of Hillary Clinton?
        Remind us again what charges of corruption Hillary was guilty of?
        Was it the murders she committed in the White House or the sex ring she ran out of a pizza parlor?
        Your continuing nonsense of claiming both sides do it is BS.
        Trump stands alone in his attacks on democracy. He stands alone in his love for our number 1 enemy. An enemy that remains restricted by sanctions by most free worlds.
        There exists a major difference between trump and any past impeached presidents.
        Trumps does his deeds for the benefit of himself first.
        Denial of recognizing what trump has been doing is acceptance of his un-American and selfish motives can only be rationalized through ignorance or blind allegiance.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

Well Chad, thanks for proving my point. I’m not going to re-litigate the scandals and corruption of Secy Clinton. Suffice it to say, that if you wish to overlook them, because she has a (D) behind her name, it supports Valerie’s article about the hypocritical nature of overlooking the faults of the candidate you are aligned with.

• A.J. Jacoby A.J. Jacoby says:

Again, I don’t believe this premise of this article was about the morality of those involved in politics, but about those who set themselves up (I.e., in this case the church leaders) as moral arbiters then do a flip/flop in their stance. God knows there is enough hypocrisy to go around. Every member of the human race can own that one….just don’t presume to edit my hypocrisy with yours.

• Avatar christian gardinier says:

Adrienne, I do agree. Valerie’s article articulated the hypocrisy of those who espoused Ronald Reagan’s Golden vision of America, a shining city on top of the hill, where political leaders at lest said they stood for equality of justice, opportunity, clean living, treating all with respect, a dash of humility and kindness… Now we have the world of trump… No moral compass, repeated lies, clearly no ethics, and a man who uses racism, sexism, and division, along with chaos common to desperately keep a hold of narcissistic power. And what is ironic, is the party that claimed moral majority, blatantly and steadfastly supports this corrupt individual. The Band-Aid has been ripped off. The true inner workings have been exposed. And yet, so-called Christian leaders, almost proclaim he is the second coming. And this is dangerous. We are at a point in our history where many nations fell to tyranny to fascism and worse. If you do believe in that shining City on the Hill vision, you must believe this man and the kabul that surrounds and props him up must go. Brian Dahle, our newly elected senator, proclaimed God put Trump in power. The only logic in such a proclamation would be, if indeed God did so, was to bring about the days of chaos of division before Armageddon. However I believe most Americans of Faith also believe God gave us self-determination. We are not robots. We were given self-determination in order to choose what is right and what is wrong. And this indeed will be the challenge of 2020.

• Avatar Randy says:

I fully understand it. The “Christian values” this nation was built on were, and still are, ‘values’, custom fit to accommodate the most un-Christ like components of human ‘civilazation’. Lying, cheating, swindling and bullying are some of the least egregious deeds committed by those who hide their crimes of genocide, rape, environmental pillage and murder behind the curtain of Christianity. The words of Christ are difficult if not impossible to twist into tools of deception and deceit but the rest of the Bible is a complete tool box that Trump and his team of evangelical self servers are making good use of.

10. Avatar Candace says:

Consistently using the words “of course” and
    “of course not” to position oneself as the voice of reason does not in fact make one the voice of reason. Neither does calling someone with whom one disagrees, “silly”. It’s a form of bullying intended to discredit which would “of course” explain one’s support of Trump. Like that.

11. Joanne Snyder Joanne Snyder says:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Valerie. You have a unique prespective on both of these impreachments. What we often know about other people thoughts is usually delivered by people who make a living writing or talking. It is illogical to charactarize a group of people as a single organization. All Republicans, Democrates or Christians are not the same. Bruce Vojtecky just reminded me that not all Christians or Christian denominations believe that Trump was ordained by God.

12. Avatar Gary Tull says:

Fervent repub trump defenders are weird and cult-like. Their arguments are incredible and anemic. Daily incriminating evidence mean nothing to them regardless of how compelling the evidence is. By all indication, they are in trouble. Additional witnesses and existing documents will inevitably and eventually be presented (like in any other impeachment trial) and chips will fall as they may. Removal is not impossible IMO.

• Avatar Doug Cook says:

Gary, your comment goes to the core of what’s wrong with the Democrat party. There were over 60 million people that voted for Trump. Are they all weird and cult like? Are they all deplorable? I take it you believe you are better than those weird voters? That attitude is why the Democrats lost, and will lose again. Your party is the party of identity politics, of the special elites. Everybody else is in a cult. Good grief. Every indication shows that Bernie will more than likely be the nominee. You better hope Trump gets removed, because Bernie will lose 48 states in the general election.

• Avatar Larry Winter says:

Now you sound like Chris Mathews from MSNBC, bringing back memories of McGovern. Different times, different issues different results.

13. Avatar Candace says:

Of course bullying isn’t silly. Saying it is is of course, bullying…lol.

14. Avatar Chad Magnuson says:

Thanks Valerie.
    Your comments and perspectives are right on.
    While there are several outlier Christian fellowships that see beyond what mainstream Christians feel about trump, this group is small and they certainly understand the teachings of Christ more clearly and honestly than the phony “believers” who support the phony president.

I dumped organized religion when participating in a Christian “men’s group”.
    One of the leaders of the church stood up to tell a joke. A very sick joke. A joke promoted by rush limbaugh.
    I will not repeat the nasty vitriol of these disgusting ditto heads but it had to do with associating President Clinton’s beautiful daughter with an ugly dog.

I stood up and asked the “men” at this gathering how they could laugh at such hate while at the same time praying in the name of the lord.
    It was a long 8 mile walk home.

Everyday Christians continue to support the phony president is another day Christian values swirl around the drain of hypocrisy.

15. Avatar Derrick says:

I have also been a little shocked by the tribalism on display. I voted Republican in the 90’s and was one of the crowd demanding Bill Clinton’s head on a pike. I thought for sure that evangelical Christians and the religious right would shun Trump for the Stormy Daniels (porn star) payoff and Karen MacDougal (Playboy model) extramarital affairs. Maybe society has just changed since then.

16. Avatar Common Sense says:

The Evangelicals have done spent their Moral Capital supporting this clown! They might never recover from this Circus come 2021.
    Meanwhile Russia news outlets joke about their Russian “Agent” in the W.H! Let that one sink in for a minute…. T is for Trum…. T is for Traitor.