let it rain…

Jim Dowling
Jim Dowling is a retired teacher and ex-railroad brakeman/conductor. He takes pictures, gardens and, on occasion, spins a decent yarn.

1. Matt Grigsby says:

Love this!

• Jim Dowling Jim Dowling says:

Thanks, Matt. Another one of those exceptional and momentary sculptures in the sky when I happened to have my camera with me.

2. K. Beck says:

Beautiful!…lived in the SF bay area where clouds were scarce, and NONE ever looked like this! When I was in Ireland I spent a lot of time standing on sidewalks looking at all the clouds. The locals thought I was crazy. They would walk up and ask me what I was looking at, I would reply, “Your gorgeous clouds!” Must have made for interesting dinner time conversations for them!

• Jim Dowling Jim Dowling says:

I find them mesmerizing, too. On my computer I have a file labeled “clouds.” Has cloud pics from throughout the west. But none from Ireland! Kinda like stamp collecting…maybe some day.

3. Dawn Marie says:

Simply quite perfectly Beautiful https://youtu.be/Z-es4Q8AJaU

4. Carrie says:

What a beautiful file to have in your computer!

5. Francesca says:

I thought it was a painting Jim, if only my paintbrush could do this. So very beautiful and ethereal !

• Jim Dowling Jim Dowling says:

Thank you, Francesca! You will paint them in all their glory. But a matter of time. Practice, practice, practice. Personally? I love the cloud-work of Winslow Homer and some of the Dutch Masters depicting sea-battles against ominous, pearling skies.