Lassen Park Via Motorcycle With a Helmet Video Camera: ‘Feel the Wind in Your Hair’

Having been born and raised in Redding, I, like so many others of like heritage, have traveled through the Lassen Park area dozens of times. It’s something I never get tired of, or take for granted.

Recently, I took a motorcycle ride through Lassen with some friends. Since this was my first time through the park on a motorcycle, I thought it might be fun to attach a GoPro camera to my helmet and document the ride.

Now, even though you may have taken this road a time or two, I invite you to journey through Lassen from a different perspective many don’t get to experience: on a motorcycle.

So set up a fan to feel the wind in your hair, and let’s go!

Andy Ooley is a local musician and Redding native. When not building ultrasonic medical equipment for a local manufacturer, he can often be found playing music with The Lou White Band and occasionally doing a solo gig around Redding. He and his wife Bernie enjoy traversing the north state hiking, biking, kayaking, snowshoeing, motorcycling- and most anything else that involves exploring the beautiful North State we live in.

1. Avatar Kathleen says:

Thanks for the ride along. We are truly blessed to live here!

2. Avatar cheyenne says:

Thank you for the video trip. Two things, among many, that I miss about Shasta County. The circle ride through Lassen and the Lou White Band.

3. AJacoby AJacoby says:

What a great ride along! Thank you. So well done! Must have used a steady cam . . . I was all prepared for a lot of bouncing and jerkiness. Not so.
    Haven’t done that circle in a while. Good to be reminded of what lives in our back yard.

4. So cool! My husband and I like to take that drive in the Fall but this year, we have so many activities, I don’t know if we’ll be able to or not…so thanks!

5. Joanne Snyder Joanne Snyder says:

Thank you so much for this extraordinary trip! Let me catch my breath…
    I always wished I had a cam on my bike helmet when Bob and I did some of the mountain rides we did in this great area so that I could share what I experienced with friends. You did just that and it was a thrill.

6. Avatar Ginny says:

Thanks for the trip that I can never make. Wonderful!

• Avatar Ginny says:

After watching the video, I sent link to friends and family — out of area, so they could enjoy seeing our Lassen. All enjoyed very much