What: A Melo Place’s summer art workshops for kids 7+
When: Weekdays this summer, starting Monday (June 27)
Where: A Melo Place, 412 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd, Mount Shasta
Cost: $32-48 per course (pre-registration required)
A Melo Place offers kids, ‘tweens and teens art workshops on weekdays beginning June 27, including puppetry for kids, drawing, collage, papier mache sculptures and masks, storytelling with photos, photography, jewelry design and creating art with natural materials.
For more information visit the website or call (530) 859-1296.
This event listing brought to you by the Siskiyou Arts Council as part of their Summer ARTS for Children program. SAC would like to remind you that kids need art and music because:
- Art Stimulates both sides of the brain.
- Art teaches children to engage in creative problem solving and open-ended thinking.
- Thirty percent of children are visual learners.
- Art enhances perceptual development.
- Children who experience art read better and do better in math and science.
- Art enhances self-esteem.
- Art helps develop hand-eye coordination.
- Children with early art and music training are better able to visualize complex mathematical problems and solve them creatively.
- Art develops awareness of the physical environment.
View the location of A Melo Place in a larger map.
-from press release
A News Cafe, founded in Shasta County by Redding, CA journalist Doni Greenberg, is the place for people craving local Northern California news, commentary, food, arts and entertainment. Views and opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of anewscafe.com.