Free Air Conditioning

Matt Grigsby
Matt Grigsby was born and raised in Redding but has often felt he should have been born in Italy. By day he's a computer analyst toiling for the public good and by night he searches airline websites for great travel deals. His interests include books, movies, prowling thrift shops for treasure and tricking his friends into cooking for him. One day he hopes to complete his quest in finding the best gelato shop in Italy.

1. Ginny says:

Matt, love to see your photos. Next time let me know where you latest great shot is located. ;o)

• Matt Grigsby says:

I always forget that part and I’ll remember for next time. In my mind, many of these shots are an “Anywhere, USA” type photo.

This one was taken in Loleta CA.

2. Peggy says:

I always wonder about the history of old abandoned buildings like this…do people just walk away from their property? Someone must inherit them? Why don’t they do something with them? Always with the whys….working on getting over that…need more time……

• Matt Grigsby says:

I wonder about that too. Is anyone paying the property taxes? If not, what happens to the building? Who boarded up the windows originally, and were they going to come back and take them down? Can someone else buy the building and turn it into something amazing?

• Peggy says:

I saw a place just like this one on the Columbia River in Astoria years ago..I wanted to live there soooooo much….a view of the River and the mouth where the ships and barges have such a challenging transition from ocean to river over the sandbar…the stories that place could tell…who could walk away from that??

3. Karen Calanchini says:

My mom was born in Loleta. Me…Eureka. Love Humboldt Co. It’s cool most of the time.