Open Conversation for March 2017

...

1. Beverly Stafford says:

What did you think of Trump’s address to Congress?

• K. Beck says:

Better to send HIM a letter telling HIM what you think than to discuss it here. Frankly, I am tired of all the complaining. DO something constructive. Sending him a letter, pro or con, makes more sense.

2. Karen C says:

I just came across this blog this morning and just had to share it here.  Not only was this a cute idea for a birthday party but I loved the idea of the pizza truck coming to the party.  Redding needs something like this, don’t you think?

3. A. Jacoby says:

WOWZA!!!! What a terrific party idea. Unfortunately, in our semi-rural area, I seriously doubt that there is enough business to keep an idea like this afloat. Great idea though.

Lest any of you think that a wood-fired pic oven on a food truck is a pipe dream, it’s true. It’s quite a common sight at any Italian marcato. Some of the very best pizza I’ve ever eaten has been from some of those trucks with wood-fired pizza ovens.

• Beverly Stafford says:

Both Bruciante and Cinders had traveling wood-fired pizza ovens.  Bruciante closed, unfortunately, but Cinders opened a permanent location in the downtown mall.

4. K. Beck says:

A friend just sent this to me. Great idea for toys for our “young women!”

MUST READS

Women Of NASA To Be Immortalized — In Lego Form

March 1, 20176:58 PM ET

5. cheyenne says:

The plot thickens, not Trump, but more important news.  This morning Dallas was ready to release Romo then the Texans traded Osweiler to Cleveland and the Broncos are rumored to trade Seimian to the Jets.  Now Dallas wants to trade, not release, Romo to their preferred targets the Broncos or Texans.  One part of the trade to Denver would bring Ware back to the Cowboys to retire.  Cutler was released by the Bears and a possible landing spot would be Arizona.  That could put old injured Carson Palmer on another team who liked their last old injured quarterback who led them to two super bowls, the Denver Broncos.  Stay tuned there may be more changes by morning.  I know at least one person on Anews likes the Broncos.

• Dick says:

Kaepernick is available 😉

• Steve Towers Steve Towers says:

I’m that Broncos’ fan.  I don’t think Denver will get Romo.  Houston is a QB away from being a legitimate deep-run playoff team.  The Broncos are a whole offensive line away, except for their center, and he’s getting old.  I don’t think Glass Tony will want to work from behind Denver’s O-line of oldies and softies for his last season or two.

6. Beverly Stafford says:

I missed reading Doni’s usual Thursday column, but I’m guessing she and Joe are elbow deep in cake batter and frosting.  Really looking forward to seeing photos of the final masterpiece.

7. Yes, Beverly, you are correct. My apologies for not leaving a note to let you all know why I ditched my Thursday column. Joe and I were up to our elbows in cake-making. The wedding is over, the beautiful couple is now married and on their way to creating a life together. The cake turned out great, and, of course, I’ll share pictures soon.

8. Hey there, forgive this last minute offer, but I have two pair of tickets for Riverfront Playhouse’s “The Trip to Bountiful” – 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Interested? Leave me a comment here. You’ll pick up the tickets at the counter.

🙂

9. cheyenne says:

In other news Colorado has fired the first salvo at the Trump administration regarding recreational marijuana.  The state is ready to forgo millions in taxes and change their 500 or so recreational MJ stores into medical MJ stores.  Like the ACA rewrite the attack on legal marijuana is dead before it starts.